|Job Ref:||204688875||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Slough||Address:||Post Code:||SL1||Salary:||£250 - £300/day Market Rates||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:42|
2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer / Systems Administrator - Slough|
My key client based in Slough, is urgently looking for a dynamic, highly motivated 2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer / Systems Administrator to join their busy and existing team on a contract basis.
A thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems and core applications is essential and experience with VMWare and ideally NetApp would be ideal. An understanding of SQL and automated deployment tools would also be beneficial. The candidate should also have experience supporting an extensive range of desktop and hardware.
* Solid and demonstrable progression through 1st (helpdesk), 2nd (desktop) and 3rd (operational server) Line Support
* Extensive Windows Server OS Expertise - virtualisation and configuration. Preferably with a Microsoft certification
* VMware (VMware 3.5/ 4.0) installation and support
* Installation and support of NetApp storage solution
* Cisco Switch configuration
* MS Exchange 2010 administration experience
* Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues with desktop applications
* MS Windows 2003/ 2008, MS Windows XP and MS Office 2003 (plus) is essential. Preferable experience of Windows 7 and Office 2010
* Advanced Windows desktop troubleshooting ability
* Experience in supporting/ dealing with business user's and challenging VIP's within Global/ Blue Chip organisations with a professional and efficient manner
* Any experience of automated roll out of MS Office 2010 & Windows 7 project delivery would be desirable
* Any relevant Microsoft certifications are desirable
* VMware certifications also advantageous
For a further discussion, please contact Henry Grover on (Apply online only).
Ninesharp IT is a minimum fuss specialist IT recruitment consultancy. We provide high quality interim and permanent IT professionals.
(2nd line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Operational Support, Desktop, Microsoft Windows 2003, Microsoft Windows 2008, Microsoft Office 2010, Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server, VMware, Virtualisation, NetApp, Cisco Switches, Contract, Slough)