|Job Ref:||204688755||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wimbledon||Address:||Post Code:||SW16||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:53|
Here at Domestic and General are the UK's leading Warranty provider for domestic appliances and we pride ourselves on delivering a first class service to the connected world.|
We can only do this by ensuring our technology and back office systems are running as smoothly as possible to enable us to help our customers in any way required. As a result of this we are currently recruiting for a Server Support Manager to lead and manage the team that supports and manages Domestic and General's Windows and Linux based infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Management of a team of 8 Technical Specialists whose primary remit is BAU server and storage support,
* Provide leadership and guidance to staff, promoting an environment of teamwork and communication.
* Promotion of team working and management of sensitive issues and information appropriately.
* Responsible for software license compliance and reporting for Wintel/Linux/Citrix//VMware an backups.
* Capacity reporting and planning
* Server monitoring via Solar Winds, and other tools
* Promote a continuous service improvement process whilst providing a customer focused approach to all Domestic & Generals internal and external customers.
You will need the following background/skillset
* Windows Server management and support
* People management
* Organisational skills
* Resource planning, often at short timescales for both projects and for the support of the 'business as usual' infrastructure
* Incident management process experience using a recognised service management tool
In return we offer:
* Competitive salary + benefits
* 25 days holiday
* Life assurance
* Enhanced pension contributions
* A wide range of discounts at local shops and gyms