|Job Ref:||204688168||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
JOB TITLE: Software Developer - Web Technologies|
DURATION: 6 months + option to further extend the contract
DAILY RATE: Highly Competitive (dependent on level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required to undertake this position
*** Please note: DV Clearance is required to undertake this position - We would therefore highly recommend candidates to research this level of security vetting prior to applying for this position to avoid any disappointment. ***
Capita TRACS is currently recruiting for a talented and experienced Software Developer with excellent XML skills to join a vibrant and highly skilled web services development team with focus on web technologies and web services.
Working within a fast-paced environment, the role will be providing more depth and cover in the existing team for a business critical application and could, over time, help to develop new applications.
Key responsibilities include:
* Interpret corporate guidelines on schema constraints and provide reports on deviation/waiver requirements and rationale for a non-technical (i.e. non web-developer) audience
* Evaluate XML files which do not pass schema checking against an XSD and determine the changes that would be needed to the XSD for those files to pass
* Generate an XSD with the most constrained field definitions from a sample of XML files
* Generate and XSD from an ICD (and vice versa)
* Apply the concepts for XML schema validation described above for other file formats (e.g. CSV)
With the support of a highly skilled web services team, we are seeking a forward thinking individual who has a passion for working with the latest web technologies and web services.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
* Proven knowledge and experience with XML, XSD and XMD including remediation;
* Excellent ability to check XML against Schemas;
* Experience with IBM WebSphere product range would be highly desirable;
* Experience of developing style sheets would be highly desirable;
* Experience coding Java applications would be highly desirable.
* Flexibility in approach and attitude;
* Willingness to learn and adapt quickly;
* Ability to work independently and under pressure, whilst prioritising their work effectively;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
* A demonstrable desire to seek out and exploit new technology in IT;
Duration: 6 months + option to further extend the contract
Salary: Competitive (dependent on level of experience)
Conditions: DV Clearance is required to undertake this position
Please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring the start and end dates of past projects / employment are correct.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us