|Job Ref:||204688070||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
Junior System Tester - Energy|
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: £17 - £25k, DOE + Bonus
Job Type: Permanent, 37hrs Mon-Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior System Tester, looking to accelerate their career within a challenging but rewarding environment, please take a look at our offering.
Online Direct is the UK`s leading intermediary for B2B energy sales, and our staff and innovation have enabled us to successfully grow our business over the last 20 years. As we continue to develop our bespoke software - EnergyEngine® - at a rapid rate, we now need to expand our testing team further.
• Assist with the creation and execution of test scripts
• Identify relevant information from project documentation and apply to test execution
• Understand business processes and apply to test execution
• Report test results to Test team
• Log errors and bugs into an online system
• Liaise with business analysts, developers and business users regarding testing
• Attend and participate in meetings to identify potential issues early in the development process
• Interest in testing processes with a willingness to learn and develop within the role
• 0-2 years` experience running test scripts or working within a testing role/team
• Ability to read and interpret technical documentation
• Highly organised with good attention to detail
• Methodical approach to assigned tasks
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Good presentation skills.
• Highly competent IT skills (Microsoft Office)
• Experience desirable with PHP, AJAX or SQL
• Previous experience in Utilities industry (a distinct advantage but not essential)
• Ideally you will hold a computing-related degree or ISTQB qualification
• Competitive Salary with regular reviews and clear salary progression
• Bonus Scheme
• Career development and on-going training
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Company Pension / Childcare Vouchers / Free Parking / Employee Reward Schemes/Team Incentive Days
Please apply including a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your current salary details. Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of receipt of application.
Thank you for your interest in Online Direct.
Keywords: system Tester, IT Systems, IT Tester, Tester, MYSQL, software tester, software developer, junior Tester, Junior Developer, PHP Developer, PHP Tester, PHP Code, SQL, AJAX, ISTOB, Utilities, Technical documentation