|Job Ref:||204682946||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Maidenhead||Address:||Post Code:||SL6||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
IT Helpdesk Assistant|
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Start Date: ASAP
We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Assistant to join our IT team. This role would suit candidates with a technical background and previous experience on a busy IT service desk.
You will be providing technical support to our Stores, Distribution centre and Head Office, from the initial call through to problem determination and resolution within agreed SLAs. You need to be confident at communicating with internal and external stakeholders throughout the process to ensure they are updated at each stage, troubleshooting queries and dealing with any issues in a professional manner. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can use their initiative and technical skills to resolve queries quickly and effectively on first point of call where possible.
IT Helpdesk Assistant Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Responding to all calls received into the Helpdesk from the Stores, Distribution Centre and Head Office. Ensuring queries are resolved, logging and updating the calls received on our central call logging system to agreed standards.
• Providing POS technical support to our network of other 90 stores.
• Liaising with 3rd party maintenance providers and handing over necessary technical information, also providing remote support when required.
• Perform daily checks to ensure all critical systems are operating to standards, ensuring the IT Management Team is kept up to date with any outstanding issues.
• Utilise problem analysis techniques and your own practical skills to diagnose and rectify technical problems, resolving them at first point of call where possible.
• Assist with a range of tasks including the refurbishment and repair of the stores hardware, occasional site visits to integrate new systems and completing other relevant duties where necessary.
The ideal IT Helpdesk Assistant will have the following skills:
• Previous experience working on a support or helpdesk.
• Have good technical knowledge and able to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues.
• Working knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.
• Able to diagnose issues and ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
• Able to work in a pressurised environment and ability to multitask a heavy workload.
You will need excellent communications skills, a passion for IT and a full UK driving licence. This role is based at our Store Support Centre in Maidenhead. This is a varied and interesting role and it would be beneficial if you have prior technical experience.
Toys 'R' Us is the UK's most successful Family Leisure, Babycare and Toy retailer. Founded in the UK in 1985, Toys R Us has grown significantly throughout America, Europe and Asia to become a worldwide market leader. Our ever increasing range of new and exciting products ensures the continued worldwide success of this exciting business.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to carry out this IT Helpdesk role then apply below today for the chance of an early interview