|Job Ref:||204682841||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Macclesfield||Address:||Post Code:||SK11||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
This global company is seeking a strong Business Intelligence/Information manager to join their team. The role holder must have strong business analysis experience and good knowledge of a range of BI tools which must include SAP experience. This role would suit a business intelligence lead who is looking to become a BI Manager.|
The role holder should deliver tangible and measurable value to Operations by taking a technical role in the delivery of both large and small Business Intelligence projects as well as contributing to Operations IT information architecture strategy, roadmaps and capabilities. They will undertake a range of activities including business analysis requirements, agile project leadership, analytics and software engineering. The role holder will identify opportunities for innovation in their delivery, leveraging technology and methodology best practices externally and internally to improve delivery performance and team capabilities. They will support both project and service information architecture problem resolution for the Operations IT portfolio in addition to supporting wider IT in the re-use of Operations information data services and assets. They will work with BI Analysts and with wider IT to deliver improved analytics capabilities to the business.
This will be achieved by:
* Creating solutions with the Supply Chain and Operations leadership customer group to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to create BI solutions.
* Deliver cost effective, automated solutions to support BI Analytics activities, for example data ETL workflows and visualisation to support ad hoc analysis requests.
* Deliver robust BI solutions to support frequently asked business questions/analytical demands.
* Establish strong working relationships with Operations customer groups to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand.
* Innovate and test new technologies with relevance to BI and analytics, including POCs, assessments and business case development
* Lead the efforts to understand the business needs and analyse, validate and document the business and system requirements that address these needs.
* Leading and developing the capabilities (methods, processes, best practices etc.) in Business Information Management.
* Leading the provision of excellent services to the Operations business units. Manage all service management activities to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with SLA and business requirements, and that new and improved services are developed and implemented without risk to business functions.
* Master Data & BI improvement is a significant change activity across Operations - experience and confidence in AGILE development and delivery of data & BI governance required.
* Significant experience required in project and change management as role requires taking initial business problems, identifying and then delivering improvement plans.
* Ability to influence across peer groups as some project accountabilities will be transferred into business as usual functions within OPS IT.
* Ensure that data and information assets maintained by Operations IT are made available as data services and artefacts for consumption by the wider enterprise.
* Test and quality assess new BI tools and products, to ensure they are fit for release.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following capabilities & skills:
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business Studies with strong experience in software solutions delivery
* 5 years+ BI Engineering experience.
* Knowledge & Experience with a broad base of BI tools, for example: SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, , Informatica Powercentre, MDM, SAP MDM / MDG, SAP APO, Oracle Application Express, Oracle (Hyperion) DRM, Oracle SOA, SharePoint.
* Knowledge of SAP HANA/other appliances/MPP technologies, Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive (etc)
* Understands the big picture and identifies key deliverables along the way.
* Helps project teams to move through the various stages and decision points.
* Ability to apply this knowledge to solve problems and knows when to enlist help from others.
* Individual is up-to-date with relevant knowledge in Business Intelligence, has a good understanding of the literature and developments relevant to the BI.
* Takes responsibility for providing feedback to improve methodology, etc.
* Knowledge and understanding of SAP standard architecture and ways of working.
* Knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing and proven experience of working in a high visibility Business intelligence environment.
* Knowledge and understanding of one or more Operations Functions e.g. finance, supply chain, procurement.
* A passion for data processes and their importance in driving business performance.
* Experience in working with external supply partners and consultants.
* Lead the acquisition of data and information from structured and text-based sources to support ad-hoc queries
* Support decision-making and business insight by applying a range of statistical techniques to data. Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
* Develop and automate data collection / aggregation workflows to support frequently asked questions or common business processes.
* Develop novel analytics algorithms, visualisations, reports and information dashboards for improved information and data interpretation