|Job Ref:||204682795||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£20000/annum Benefits Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:42|
Data Analyst - Permanent Job - £20,000 - Preston |
Capita is looking for a Data Analyst to join the team in Preston. This role is responsible for the maintenance, management, access control and quality control of the various data sets used across the business, also, ensuring that appropriate principles of data quality, data management, protection and governance are employed in its maintenance and usage.
This role is responsible for providing MI support to the MI and Data Manager as well as the whole business. The role involves creating and managing databases of various data sets used across the business.
* Maintenance, management and quality of the data held in the core Capita systems within the business, such as the MS Dynamics CRM and Avaya Telephony platform
* Acting as a point of contact for data requests, maintenance and subject matter expertise on legacy systems, such as National Health Applications and Infrastructure Services (NHAIS) databases and Open Exeter
* Ensuring that proper data management governance and best practice processes are applied to system data
* Ensuring that data accuracy and completeness issues are managed and addressed in a timely manner
* Ensuring that data accuracy queries raised by 3rd parties (including suppliers) are investigated and addressed in a timely manner; excluding queries that are raised as part of standard processing, such as NHS National Back Office patient records queries.
* Support the MI Manager with periodic and ad-hoc reporting requests
* Development of existing and new management information dashboards to support the operations team of this evolving business
* Working closely with operational managers and other parts of the business to provide data and reports
The scope of the role is as follows:
1 Receiving, validating and applying data updates to core systems supplied from all parties, including but not limited to various customers
2 Actively promoting and maintaining an awareness of the importance of data quality as well as good practice in relation data management, protection and security across all staff in the business
3 Producing regular and adhoc management information reports for the commercial, financial, transformation and operation teams to quality and time
4 Supporting the MI Manager where required, including representing them or the department in meetings, workshops and other similar events as required
Required (R) and Desirable (D)
* Experience of working with sensitive data ideally within the Health & Social Care sector or similar.
* Experience of being able to analyse and manipulate data in tools such as Excel, Access or similar (R)
* Experience of working with CRM or similar systems where there are multiple data sets that need managing and maintaining (D) Experience of data management and related governance processes (D)
* Experience of working with Avaya or similar telephony packages (D)
Skills and Knowledge
Required (R) and Desirable (D)
* Excellent Excel skills (R)
* Programming languages, such as SQL and VBA (R)
* Experience of using MS Dynamics or similar (D)
* Awareness of data security, and data protection issues and requirements (R)Experience of all Microsoft Office applications such including Word and Powerpoint (R)
* Ability to manipulate large datasets and create dashboards (R)
* Ability to turn data into meaningful outputs (R)
If this sounds like you, contact Kirk Higgins in the first instance on (Apply online only) or email your CV
Capita Social Care Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy