|Job Ref:||204682418||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum £30-40k||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:42|
Java Developer |
SIS is a leading supplier of products and services to the online and retail betting markets, creating innovative and reliable solutions for more than a quarter of a century. Our global delivery of data, streaming, pictures and gaming content enables more than 100,000 betting opportunities a year.
SIS delivers a broad range of products and services across a range of sports, with a focus on horse racing, greyhounds and football. We continually innovate to ensure that our customers can offer the optimum betting experience, and we recently launched a new streaming platform - SIS Stream, and an exciting range of on-demand games.
Position: Java Developer
Location: MediaCityUK, Manchester
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £30-40k plus bonus, pension
Benefits: 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday), ability to purchase additional holidays, competitive company pension scheme, Mac Book Pro and the latest development tools; flexible working; other benefits such as car lease, cycle to work etc.
Closing date: 30th September 2016
You will work on the development of products to grow and expand the SIS business, as well as building, designing, testing and deploying new products. You will apply design, coding standards, change and version control, documentation and testing standards as appropriate, alongside working on code maintenance and upgrades and tests for existing SIS systems.
- Champion design, coding standards, change and version control, documentation and testing standards as appropriate
- Enhance the java test, build and deploy framework as appropriate
- Ownership of releases
- Being involved from start to finish in analysis, requirements planning, implementation, testing and deployment of software to support live systems.
- Ensuring quality in all aspects of the development process
- Responsible for clear technical communication (both written and verbal) with technical and non-technical contacts (internal and external) and all seniority levels
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Technologies: Java (J2SE)
- Oracle 10 / 11G (SQL, triggers, stored procedures, PL / SQL, AQ, SQLX)
- Strong XML (including XPath, XSLT, RelaxNG, XML-Schema, SAX, DOM)
- Strong Maven administration
- Strong (Red Hat) Linux (including building RPMs, scripting, application monitoring)
- JMS (any exposure to Websphere MQ a bonus)
- HTTP (Tomcat and servlets)
- Experience developing and (3rd line) supporting real time data feeds
- Design and Architecture skills: REST, ESB, design patterns, UML
- Able to tailor communications appropriately and to the needs of the audience
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong Grails experience (highly desirable)
You may have experience of the following: Java Developer, Software Developer, Coding, Design, Testing, Java, J2SE, Oracle, XML, Maven, RedHat, Apache, REST, ESB, UML, Linux, HTTP, JMS, Software Development, Oracle, SQL, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications