|Job Ref:||204682302||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:55|
What are we looking for? |
* Software delivery experience within a software/consulting organization in progressively responsible positions, including experience as a project technical team lead or as a project architect. Previous start-up and/or SaaS business model experience is ideal
* Proven experience delivering software in cross functional environment
* Experience of software engineering (Java/full stack) with a desire for a technical role to develop and grow in.
* Experience working in a micro services architecture; understanding the complexities that come with this.
Agile Software Development/ effective Leadership:
* You have experience and love scrum/ Agile methodologies
* You want to work in a very forward thinking Agile organisation with a technical focus
* You thrive when given the opportunity to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and have the ability to make prioritising look effortless
* You strive to develop your team and identify areas of improvement that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology to deliver high quality product features
* You have a "Yes we Can" attitude and the ability to lay out options to stakeholders, ask for decisions, resolve issues and build relationships
* You understand technical concepts, including application architecture, scaled data pipelines and features at a deep functional level, and you have managed project plans related to complex technology implementations.
Distributed Teams Experience
* You have significant experience of and enjoyment of working in a distributed team
* You understand the challenges of the distributed team setup
* You will join the near shore team you run whilst being responsible for "running the show" in-house
* You ensure the team is building a fault-tolerant and high availability product
* You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for delivering results is set high
What will you get from us?
Alongside the competitive salary/ benefits and work from home days, you get:
* Opportunity to work in a very collaborative and agile working environment where you can bounce around ideas around.
* You will get to be hands on with one of London's most advanced deployment pipelines - 'we currently can go from code commit to production in 6 minutes' - allowing you exposure to technologies such as: AWS, ansible, Jenkins.
* The company have a keen focus on big data and machine learning - as we grow so will you - you will have the chance to work with technologies such as: Elastic Search, Mongo DB.
* We are looking at Docker at the moment and you will get the chance to be very hands on in helping us work with docker in production
* We also invest in you! There is a budget set aside for personal development; to go on training courses, meets up and events which will make you a better engineer