|Job Ref:||204686694||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Warwick||Address:||Post Code:||CV34||Salary:||£42000 - £50000/annum On-site Gym, Discount on Products, P||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
Senior Support Engineer (Hyper-V, Server 2012R2, SQL) |
£42,000 to £50,000 (DOE)
Benefits include - On-site Gym, Discount on Products, Performance Bonus, Private Health-care and Pension plan
WHO ARE WE?
We have the great pleasure of working with one of the world`s most prestigious brands, established well over a century ago, this company supplies their luxury product to many international countries.
Due to exciting restructuring and expansion plans, the client is now looking to recruit a Senior Wintel Engineer (with an understanding of basic networking principles) into the West Midlands based site.
You will be joining the company at a very exciting time as they are just about to undergo a large implementation project - the IT Manager see`s you working directly beside him and playing a key part in helping him to re-design the company`s internal infrastructure.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The successful person will have ideally worked as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for a multi-sited company and knows what it takes support, deploy and upgrade the IT Infrastructure, also be aware of the implications to the business if the systems don`t run as they should both on the infrastructure and the network.
You will work alongside the Infrastructure Manager and act as the tech design authority, as such you will need to have the in-depth knowledge to design and approve all changes to the company`s Wintel environment.
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE...
- Experience of designing, managing upgrades and expansion plans as well as the general support of the full Wintel stack (Server 2003 to 2012R2)
- Current working knowledge of Hyper-V
- Although you will not be dealing solely with the networking, you will be expected to have a basic understanding of networking technologies (i.e. Cisco, Firewalls, Wireless Networks)
- Strong grasp on dependent services such as DNS, DHCP, RADIUS
- Understanding of how to troubleshoot complex issues with the server estate (Hyper-V) and associated hardware/software
- ITIL Accreditation's (either foundation or intermediate)
- Microsoft Certifications such as MCSA/MCSE
IT'S NICE TO HAVE...
- SQL Server - experience of building the server would be very advantageous for this company
- Networking Accreditation's such as CCNA/CCNE or JNCIA/JNCIS
- Firewall Accreditation's such as ACE/CNSE
TO BE CONSIDERED...
Please either apply by clicking on-line or emailing me directly to Sheryl (dot) Obrien (@)(url removed) . For further information please call me on (Apply online only). If unavailable please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Also feel free to follow me on LinkedIn, just search Sheryl O`Brien! I look forward to hearing from you.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies