|Job Ref:||204685833||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
Are you a Networking Consultant interested in new technology and trends with a strong track record in Network Architecture Design and Assurance? We have a brand new permanent opportunity for a Consultant to be based in either our Glasgow or Edinburgh office.|
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The Network/Infrastructure Consultant will provide networking TDA expertise, and mentorship/line management. We are looking for someone with an in depth knowledge of Perimeter Security, On/Off Prem Networking principles, LAN WAN switching and routing and networking architecture design.
The work you will be involved with will be both project design and assurance work. You will be expected to travel in the Central belt of Scotland and spend a portion of your time onsite with the customer.
We are looking for someone with a passion for Networking and Infrastructure, ideally from a managed services background with experience in cloud and privately hosted environments. You will be self-motivated and be able to multitask in line with project plans and customer SLA's. You must be comfortable speaking to customers and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
* Consulting with customers to design, enhance and develop network and security solutions to create secure and robust business systems
* Providing Infrastructure/Network design services to customers to ensure best practice and use of technology
* Responding to user/customer requests for changes to systems and infrastructure to meet business needs, following ITIL change principles or equivalent methodology
* Providing support to operational infrastructure team to enable efficient operation and problem resolution of customer IT infrastructure
* Create, maintain and enhance systems procedures and documentation to ensure the customer site and systems are fully documented
* Technical delivery of infrastructure solutions to ensure successful delivery of industry leading solutions
* Assisting with the creation of infrastructure project proposals for presentation to customers to guarantee best practice and ensure profitable delivery.
The following skills and experience must be demonstrated:
* 5+ years network and related infrastructure systems experience or equivalent
* CCNA / CCNP
* Security Principles a must
* F5, Juniper, Checkpoint, Cisco experience desirable
* Advanced Firewall design and support
* Advanced switching and routing knowledge
* Ability to operate in highly complex environments
* Good communication and report writing skills
* Strong business/industry awareness
* Ability to adapt effectively to changing circumstances
* Awareness of ITIL or equivalent change management principle
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
Contributory Pension Scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
* Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below