|Job Ref:||204684142||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scunthorpe||Address:||Post Code:||DN16||Salary:||£18000 - £22000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
Direct Workforce are happy to be working with a well established manufacturing business based in Scunthorpe recruiting for an experienced Junior IT Support Technician.|
Duties and responsibilities:
* Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary.
* Managing backups.
* Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
* Fault finding, logging of faults in all equipment.
* Day to day user support.
* Undertaking small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager.
* Support for desktop and servers / Exchange.
* Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops and users.
* Completing internal user office moves, including telephones.
* Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software.
* Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes.
* Prepare documents, meeting materials, correspondence and basic admin duties.
* Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
* Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable.
* Provide assistance as required to the IT Manager.
* Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters.
* Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers special requirements.
* Adhere to company protocol as laid out in the Company Handbook.
* Microsoft Excel VBA macro programming.
* Microsoft Visio VBA macro programming.
* support, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (All versions, but mainly Win7 & Win8) in a corporate desktop and laptop PC environment.
* support, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Office Application Suite (All versions, but mainly 2010, 2013 & 2016).
* Experience working in a windows environment, a working knowledge of AD and use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
* An eagerness to learn
* A working knowledge of LAN and WAN connectivity and TCP/IP networking principles will be advantageous.
* A Working knowledge of printer hardware and print queues (preferably client based hardware) is required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, along with the ability to communicate to all levels of management. This will aid in clear and concise call logging, fault escalations, documentation and email.
* The initiative to perform tasks autonomously when required but also be able to work as part of a team.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, salary £16,000 - 21,000 per annum depending on experience. Apply online today to be considered or for further details please call Kristy on (Apply online only)