|Job Ref:||204684046||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£800 - £1000/day||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
A Technical Validation Work-stream Lead is required for 12 months (likely to be extended) based in Central London. |
A high profile programme requires a Technical Validation Work-stream Lead to join them as a valuable source of intelligence in relation to the health of the constituent elements of the programme. You will:
* Provide advice about what decision the programme team / Steering Group need to take.
* Establish and maintain information interfaces between the CMp team and Digital Transformation Programme (DTP) and other CCS programmes.
* Track the success of the CMp and reporting progress against the plans.
* Own the master copies of all programme information, generating all necessary documentation, maintaining, controlling and updating programme documentation.
* Assist the Programme Manager with delivery within budget.
* Management of the risk and issue log ensuring mitigations are sufficient and escalating for resolution as required.
* Analysing interfaces and critical dependencies between projects and recommending appropriate actions to the Programme Manager.
* Maintain the list of customer stakeholders and their interests whilst delivering technical work-streams.
* Establishing consistent practices and standards across the programme governance arrangements, including programme planning, reporting and project change control.
* Provide a consultancy style service to the customers in-line with the CMp programme, ensuring common approach is adopted and sharing of best practice.
* Carrying out health checks and advising on solutions during the lifetime of the programme e.g facilitating workshops involving project teams, stakeholders and members of the wider programme team.
* Document of lessons learned throughout the life of the programme.
* Business case preparation for the Production Phase of the CMp programme.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a central government organisation and be part of a very high profile programme that will shape the Public Sector.
Specialist Skills & Requirements
* Deep knowledge of ERP systems, Purchase Order processing, catalogue procurement solutions, portals and sign-on gateways.
* Consulting approach to project management.
* Use of software tools for reporting, analysing and communication of plans.
* Experienced at managing risks and issues across multiple projects.
* Working knowledge of techniques for assessing requests for change and procedures for managing them.
* A thorough understanding of programme management including benefits delivery, stakeholder management and change management.
* Proven management and leadership skills.
* Determined and persistent project driver and a strong team leader.
* Excellent presentational, oral and written communication skills.
* Able to negotiate effectively with stakeholders to ensure project needs are satisfied.
* Effective work-stream management
This role is to start asap and will pay £800-£1100 per day (Ltd/Umbrella) depending on experience