|Job Ref:||204684003||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£25.50/hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
A Senior Network Engineer is required to work on a 3 month contract (likely to be extended) based in Southampton Hampshire.|
Working for a well established organisation you will be a technical subject matter expert and point of contact for ICT Networking and Telecoms technologies and issues. You will provide support activities in line with department's operating procedures, ensuring the smooth running of voice and data networks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of escalation and problem resolution for ICT teams. The team is responsible for the maintenance and development of the voice and data networks, including VOIP
- Provide and receive highly complex information regarding network and telecoms technologies to technical colleagues and non-technical senior managers and large customer groups
-Work closely with the Network Manager to develop and implement the voice and data network strategy.
- Networking and telecoms experience with an extensive understanding of large and complex voice and data networks.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry.
- Relevant professional qualifications for example CCNA
-Proven track record of delivering to deadlines.
-Specialist knowledge and experience of supporting voice and data networks and systems.
-Understanding of data networks and voice/data integration
-Use of Project Management methodologies (PRINCE 2) and Good Practice (ITIL)
-Authored Structured technical documentation in line with ITIL good practice.
-MS Visio or Project
This role will be paying up to £25.50 per hour (Ltd/Umbrella) you will also need to have willingness and ability to travel locally and nationally, to start ASAP