|Job Ref:||204683837||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Lancing||Address:||Salary:||£23000 - £28000/annum £23,000 - £28,000 per annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:42|
A professional, dynamic IT consultancy that has been established for 18 years is now seeking a 3rd Line Support Technician based in South Lancing, West Sussex to join its expanding team. You will receive overtime paid for on site travel out of hours plus 28 days holiday, free study books and courses, contributory pension available and an active social side.|
This company is a Microsoft silver solutions provider with many industry accreditations and partnerships, including Sage, Xerox and Kaspersky. It is a small friendly company providing good relationships with colleagues and clients. Work is extremely varied and offers unbeatable opportunities to increase knowledge within the IT industry.
As the 3rd Line Support Technician your duties will include:
• Advising business clients on all aspects of their IT systems, dealing with more technical cases than 1st line support.
• Providing support to 1st line and assisting all staff members in improving technical knowledge.
• Some on-site installation work installing new hardware for clients or trouble shooting existing systems. Although some clients are countrywide you will be supporting the main engineer and will primarily remain in the head office.
To be a successful 3rd Line Support Technician you will have the following skills and experience:
• Clients are located all over the UK so a willingness to travel is vital, along with a full, clean driving licence.
• Prior IT support experience in a similar role and be capable of dealing with complex issues on a daily basis.
• Knowledge of server 2008 or 2012, VMware, Active Directory, Exchange, Desktop, Networks and Hardware.
• Familiarity with Cloud services and office 365;
• Full understanding and knowledge of hardware.
• Knowledge of telecoms systems is advantageous.
• Knowledge of cabling is advantageous.
• Microsoft qualifications are desirable although you could be successful without them if prepared to undertake exams in the near future.
The 3rd Line Support Technician will be working Monday to Friday, 9.00 - 17.30 with occasional Saturday mornings on a rota basis paid as overtime.
In return, the 3rd Line Support Technician will receive a salary of £23,000 - £28,000 per annum dependent on experience.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.