|Job Ref:||204683785||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum Excellent benefits package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:54|
Principal Software Engineer - Platforms - Permanent - Edinburgh - Dependent on experience|
Abrecco wish to recruit a Principal Software Engineer to join a rapidly expanding technology company in central Edinburgh. In this role, you will contribute to the development and support of their cutting edge security software platform working across hardware, virtual and cloud Infrastructure. You will also be leading a small multi-site team and will contribute to development and support of next generation security products. Your skills should include:
- Architect Design and implement subsystems and components
- Strong Software Development skills ideally in Linux using C, Python, shell, Java etc.
- Hypervisor virtualisation experience (VMWare, KVM, "Bare metal", Type1 and Type 2)
- Product Integration with virtual cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, Openstack
- At least 5 years` experience in software development with additional technical / team lead experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Linux kernel programming and Device Drivers;
- Knowledge of implementing protocol stacks, decoders, IPC mechanisms, and state machines;
- Any background in network or computer security;
- Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science or similar;
- Good communication, presentation and design documentation skills;
- A good grasp of high performance software and distributed system principals;
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled Engineer to secure a highly rewarding, varied and interesting role offering an excellent salary which is dependent on experience plus employee benefits. You will have a number of professional development opportunities and work with state-of-the-art technologies and cloud-based solutions. The R&D centre is newly established and located in central Edinburgh. Please forward your up to date CV in Word format for immediate consideration