|Job Ref:||86916BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Colorado||City:||Colorado Springs||Address:||Post Date:||26/10/2016 04:04|
Job Description: |
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Video Systems Maintenance Technician to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract (NISSC).
NISSC will provide accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States.
NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS (CMAFS), Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
Raytheon is seeking a Video Systems Maintenance Technician to support the NISSC Contract. As a Video Systems Maintenance Technician, your duties include, but are not limited to: install, configure, verify and operate the VDS, surveillance, and all associated equipment, Cheyenne Mountain Cable TV System consisting of several channels and broadcasts throughout the complex (including several buildings outside the complex); install, configure, verify and operate the Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/surveillance cameras external/internal to the facility, Vindicator Systems, and the Mobile VTCs, along with reporting circuit outages; work under immediate supervision and achieve technical guidance, as required, from the Project Manager; perform installation, removal, configuration, and operation of voice and/or non-voice communications systems including intercom and public address systems, alarm systems, teletype equipment, and terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers; run cables, key cables, or house wire to all video/alarm equipment, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws, associated with video/alarm equipment and/or terminating equipment for non-voice circuits.
This position is located at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position is considered Mission Essential. You must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on site for extended periods of time during emergencies and drills. During such periods, you may be unable to maintain contact with anyone outside the site, including family and friends. You must sign a letter of commitment acknowledging and agreeing to this requirement.
• Ability to provide support to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot on applicable equipment
• Ability to provide support for on-the-spot diagnostic evaluations, implementation of corrections and training users in proper operations of systems and programs
• Ability to work from rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions or defined plans to perform appropriate tasks
• Must have Vindicator training
• Must have Crestron training/programming
• Must meet DoD 8570 certification eligibility requirements (e.g., Security+ CE)
• Must have a minimum Final Secret clearance and be able to retain it.
• Background in operations planning, work order management, and automated outage reporting tools in a "real time" support environment
• Understanding of OPSEC requirements for the USAF
• Ability to prepare, objectively review, and deliver technical presentations
• Experience with technical knowledge capture, training, and certification of personnel
• Have demonstrated experience and capability with interfacing with the Air Force Customer at very high levels as well as interfaced with multiple DoD Agencies
Required Education (including Major):
• High School Diploma or GED and 5 years of related technical experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CO - Colorado Springs