|Job Ref:||204688970||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum + Private Healthcare + Car/Car Allow||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
Manufacturing Manager (Food)|
£55,000 - £60,000 + Private Healthcare + Car/Car Allowance + Contributory Pension + Amazing Benefits
Manufacturing Manager required for a market leading FMCG manufacturer. This is a great opportunity to join a large professional manufacturer with a great reputation.
The ideal candidate will have solid management/supervisory skills of front line managers coupled with proven experience within a fast moving 24/7/365 operational environment ideally within the food industry. You will have a good working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles with a Degree being advantageous.
Working in partnership with the General Manager, you will have the core focus to ensure that all production targets are met, whilst effectively managing the teams on site you will drive a culture of performance. You will have a focus on driving continuous improvements on the site and any quality improvements, playing a major part in initiatives and projects at the site.
As Manufacturing Manager, you will be directly responsible for the management/hiring of 6 front line managers, however the full team consists of circa 70 engineers. You will set clear department goals, maintain and ensure H+S standards to provide a safe working environment where all standards are met and company procedures are followed. As Manufacturing Manager you will have a focus on increasing optimal operational productivity and efficiency to improve performance against costs
The company have sites all across the UK and manufacturing a vast range of branded products. The company are very employee focused and are able to provide long term job security with great staff retention.
* Manufacturing Manager
* Manage manufacturing on the site as well as driving Lean manufacturing across the 24/7/365 operation at the site
* Provide strong technical support and knowledge and ensure manufacturing is efficient and meets all quality standards
* Act as focal point for manufacturing engineering and quality issues including breakdowns
* Effective management of manufacturing operations and departmental strategy
* Always on call apart from annual holidays
* Degree educated in manufacturing (or equivalent) within a relevant field
* Working knowledge of Manufacturing processes and controls
* Strong technical manufacturing background alongside good management experience
* Experience within a fast paced 24/7/365 manufacturing environment
* Capable of managing change within a busy manufacturing facility
* Experience of Lean manufacturing