|Job Ref:||204688641||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||West Sussex||Address:||Post Code:||BN18||Salary:||£36500 - £45000/annum DOE+benefits||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:23|
Job Description For Vacancy No: _228830L|
Consultant: Lewis Cross
Company Profile: Our client provides explosion protection solutions for materials handling equipment and diesel engines. For over 40 years they have been at the forefront of the industry developing solutions to protect your people, your site and equipment when operating in hazardous areas.
Job Location: West Sussex
Job Position: Design Certification & Compliance Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
Job Profile: You will be part of a medium sized team engineers of various disciplines (electrical, mechanical, electronic) focused on development and design of hazardous area compliant equipment in various geographical and business markets.
As a Design Certification & Compliance Engineer you will assess and guide designs to ensure compliant taking into account current and future regulations. You will build and develop partnerships with certification bodies in terms of cost, scope, and timescale.
* A design background or deep understating of design processes is a prerequisite for the job.
* Experience demonstrates strong expertise in dealing with design and certification of components and systems.
* In depth knowledge of one or more European Directives is essential (in particular ATEX and MACHINERY) and relative harmonised standards.
* Strong design and problem solving background, able to use DFMEAs (Design Fail Mode Metric Analyst) and root cause analysis techniques.
* Independent and driven individual able to work with minimum supervision as part of a team of 20+ engineers.
* Proven broad-minded approach to the job driving "thinking outside the box" and Continuous Improvement
* Understanding of the CE marking process and experience in assessing designs to meet legal requirements under the CE marking directive
* Able to perform detailed clause to clause assessment to standards to assess and guide designs in alignment with applicable standards
* Either a mechanical background with deep knowledge of EN 1834 and EN 13463 or an electrical / electronic background with deep EN 60079 series knowledge would be highly beneficial
Job Description: Work with design and applications engineers to define certification requirements for each project, drive the design process and be accountable for the all the legal aspects.
Plan and execute certification activities to ensure that products are maintained to the most recent level of applicable standards.
Liaise with designated certification body in regard to allocation of resources, submission of documentation, and routine progress chasing to ensure certification activities are completed on-time.
Devise and implement compliant design solutions to overcome design issues on certified components.
Establishing partnership relationships with certification bodies (new and existing) to ensure costs and service levels are maintained within the Company's requirements.
Able to work in a fast pace environment with multiple projects running concurrently
Hours: Full Time - 37.5
Salary/Rate: £36,500 - £45,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days Annual Leave, Bonus (10%), Share Scheme, Life Cover, and Contributory Pension Scheme