|Job Ref:||204688637||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
Would you like the opportunity to develop your expertise within the nuclear industry and to learn and apply safety case techniques? We currently have a vacancy for an Engineering Manager - Nuclear Facilities Design Authority (NFDA) at our clients site in Barrow-in-Furness. |
As an Engineering Manager - Nuclear Facilities Design Authority (NFDA), you will be the Design Authority for nuclear related facilities as specified by the NFDA Manager. You will be providing advice to maintainers and other key stakeholders regarding the correct operation of facilities and equipment. You will be producing and managing design safety case documentation and facility modifications.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineering Manager - Nuclear Facilities Design Authority (NFDA) will involve:
* Design Authority for nuclear related facilities as defined by the NFDA Manager
* Providing advice to operators, maintainers and other key stakeholders regarding the correct operation of facilities and equipment, the resolution of incidents and major defects and the replacement of obsolete parts
* Providing and maintaining design safety case documentation to support the Site Safety Case and providing the required input in accordance with PI Nuclear Safety 007 (LC/AC 14)
* Managing the design of new facilities and facility modifications and providing the design safety case documentation (LC/AC 19 and 20)
* Assessing the nuclear safety implication of change to the design of Site Facilities and ensuring the change is appropriately classified and controlled through the Safety Design Change Committee process (LC/AC 20)
* Ensuring that new or modified facilities are commissioned in accordance with the safety case documentation and where appropriate provide a commissioning report (LC/AC 21)
* Consulting the Radiation Protection Advisor (RPA) in the development of proposals, procedures and programmes for decommissioning facilities with radiological protection and/or radioactive waste disposal implications (LC/AC 35)
* Providing a safety case for decommissioning the facilities in accordance with the requirements of LC/AC 14 (LC/AC 35)
* Providing a Reference Design Validation for site radiological facilities in accordance with the Ionising Radiation regulations and Environmental Permitting Regulations
* Retaining relevant records in accordance with LC/AC 6, defined in Record Schedules NRSD/GR06-011 (including LC/AC 14, 19, 25, 28)
Your skills and qualifications as an Engineering Manager - Nuclear Facilities Design Authority (NFDA) will include:
* Engineering Degree, equivalent qualification or experience in an appropriate engineering subject (Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services etc.)
* Chartered status in an appropriate Institution
* Experience in the majority of stages of the facilities project lifecycle (i.e. design, construction /installation and commissioning of buildings and facilities) is essential
Security Clearance WILL be required for this role due to the nature of the projects involved.
If interested in the role of Engineering Manager - Nuclear Facilities Design Authority (NFDA) then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either (Apply online only) (DL) (Apply online only) (Mob) - or send an up-to-date to all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency