|Job Ref:||204688603||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bridgenorth||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
Team Leader - Fitter Machinist - Bridgenorth |
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader - Fitter Machinist for a historic and unique company in railway locomotive engineering, to be based at their Bridgnorth facilities.
Purpose of the position:
To manage and lead a small team of Fitters and Machinists - both permanent and volunteers - by motivating, assessing performance, helping to develop them in their roles and leading by example. Help the planning and implementation of projects through to successful completion. To be involved with a full range of rolling stock engineering solutions, from train servicing through routine fleet maintenance to the heaviest of vehicle and component re-engineering projects for both their own fleet of locomotives and for external clients as well.
- Responsible for the day to day delivery of locomotives to time scales allocated and within budget.
- To lead by example being involved in carrying routine maintenance, repairs, restoration and complete rebuilding of locomotives in the day to day maintenance and overhaul of the companies fleet or sub contract work.
- Provide encouragement, motivation and inspiration to the Fitters and Machinists in your team.
- Keep detailed records and inventory of components used.
- Oversee team member work for quality and guideline compliance.
- To have regard to the training needs and skill development of personnel both permanent and volunteers.
- Ensure health and safety of staff, volunteers and visitors in the Workshops and in all operations undertaken.
- Promote adherence to mandatory and company regulations as well as performance goals
- Conduct team meetings to update members on best practises and continuing expectations, deadlines and goals to team members.
- Provide quality customer service where appropriate
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Mechanical engineering to NVQ level 3 and above.
- Team leader qualification (desirable).
- Project management experience/qualification (desirable).
- 5 years Fitting experience in a heavy engineering environment.
- Machining experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of current legislation and work practices for mechanical work and workshops.
- Understanding of Risk assessments and Coshh.
- Experience in managing/supervising projects in a heavy engineering environment.
- Engineering re-build / overhaul experience in a heavy engineering field.
- Working to a high maintenance and overhaul standard within a safety critical arena.
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of locomotives desirable but not essential.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
- Contributory Pension.
- Rail travel discount pass
- Overtime or time off in lieu
- Relocation package available if required
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on NA. Rail01
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency