|Job Ref:||204688559||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sunderland||Address:||Post Code:||CA13||Salary:||£28000 - £35000/annum + Pension + Benefits Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
Production Engineer (paint specialist)|
£28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + Overtime.
Contributory Pension up to 7% + life 4x salary + Full benefits package.
Production Engineer required with top tier automotive brand with specialist training and career progression towards expert engineer level with large pay increases!!
The role will be suited to those with engineering related degrees with a strong knowledge of paints and paint application techniques in a manufacturing environment. The ideal candidates will come from a manufacturing background with paint shop experience although those with limited manufacturing knowledge but strong paint behaviour and application knowledge will be trained in production and manufacturing techniques.
You will work with the manufacturing engineers daily and liaise with paint suppliers to relay changes in requirements to paints to gain desired change/improvements to finish and durability on the end product.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a new graduate from a relevant engineering/manufacturing discipline with paint knowledge to fast track their engineering career and work towards "expert engineer" status with large pay increases.
• Interpret engineering drawings and part specification/tolerances
• Specification of cost effective manufacturing processes, that are capable of meeting internal quality targets, in reply to customer RFQs
• Lead role in submission of Process Flow Charts. PFMEA, and Control Plan documentation
• Manage capex and tooling budgets, including cash flow
• Generate detailed equipment and tooling specifications, with reference to latest health, safety and environmental guidelines. Familiarity with PUWER.
• Provide effective procurement of tooling and equipment, from initial concept to installation, working with other internal departments, and external suppliers.
• Use Auto CAD to detail Shop floor layout modifications.
• Reduce direct and overhead costs by improvement activities
• Contain and investigate process concerns
• Maintain conformance with business and environmental systems
• Maintain conformance with health & safety standards
• Support business improvement activities
• Provide management with information regarding process status
• Strong knowledge of paints and paint application techniques for manufacturers.
• Ideally from a manufacturing or production engineering background but training can be provided for the right person.
• Live within commutable distance of Sunderland