|Job Ref:||204688491||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Huntingdon||Address:||Post Code:||PE29||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:23|
Manpower is working with the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. My client offer a hugely diverse number of career options and are currently require a Workshop Technician with experience in Welding.|
We wish to appoint a Workshop Technician Reporting to the Workshop Team Leader. The key accountabilities of the job holder will be as follows:
* Be an experienced Welder
* Be able to manufacture components from metal using Technical Drawings.
* Operate fixed machine tools safely ie. CNC milling machines, Lathes, Drills, Grinding machines and engravers etc.
* Assess and cost metal work tasks
* Assist the customers in the design of their requirements
* Complete documentation for tasks in accordance with current MOD Policies and Procedures.
* Maintain the expense book for receipt and usage of metals.
* Responsible for reporting all accidents, injuries, nears-miss and dangerous occurrences promptly to Line Management.
* Promote and maintain equality and diversity in the workplace.
Qualifications and Experience
At least 5 year's experience in working within an engineering department or relevant experience
* Knowledge of and understanding of engineering drawings
* Good knowledge of SHEF practices and procedures
* Good knowledge of MS office products
* Familiarity with Tri Service and/or MOD practices and procedures
* Hold full current driving licence
* Able to work on own initiatives with defined guidelines.
* Good communication skills.
* Able to work unsupervised.
* Good organisational skills.
* Has a good understanding of workshop procedures.
* IT Literate.
* Good interpersonal skills.
The above position comes with a range of benefits including Company Pension Scheme. The successful candidate will be required to undertake MOD security clearance.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Jamie Gidney on (Apply online only)