|Job Ref:||204688367||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sandbach||Address:||Post Code:||CW11||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:22|
Temporary Works Advisor |
Location: Sandbach, Nr Stoke.
Kier Infrastructure is looking to recruit a Temporary Work Assistant to work on a Smart Highways project. The successful applicant will be advising on all aspects of temporary works processes, procedures and installations.
You will probably be an experienced Engineer from a Design or Contracting background with a proven track record in the Design of Cost Effective Temporary Works Schemes. Alternatively an experienced Site or Project Manager seeking a chance to diversify into a Temporary Works Advisor may suit the role.
* Advise operating company Safety and Operations Directors in choice of suitable staff for on-site Temporary Works (TW).
* Maintain database of Temporary Works Coordinators (TWCs).
* Review and assist in production of TW Design Briefs.
* Liaise with Permanent and Temporary Works Designers.
* Assist in preparation of Tender Schemes.
* Attending meetings with Group operating companies.
* Mentoring on-site temporary works coordinators and supervisors as appropriate.
* Mentoring graduate engineers on all types of temporary works projects.
* Demonstrating temporary works procedures and participation with in-house training schemes.
* Site inspections.
* Supervision of installation and erection of temporary works.
* Audit site procedures and registers.
* Temporary Works inspections.
* Issue reports on site temporary works activities.
* Advise TWC on issue of Permits to Load.
* Occasional filling of TWC appointments (e.g. For complex solutions or as relief).
* Design and detailing of temporary works.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Site based temporary works experience.
* Ability to exercise engineering judgement.
* BSc/BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering preferably having achieved or aspiring to incorporated or chartered status.
* Ability to design in Steel, Reinforced Concrete and possibly other materials e.g. Masonry and Timber.
* Previous temporary works design experience in formworks, falseworks scaffolding, foundations and ground supports.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* The role could range from involvement with minor works to major Civils schemes. This would include working on existing structures or new build projects in a wide range of building materials and temporary works equipment.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer