|Job Ref:||204687754||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Highlands||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:21|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer | Scottish Highlands | Permanent | £neg.|
Situated in the stunning Highlands of Scotland, this designer and manufacturer of sophisticated battery and charging systems, ranging in size from a few Wh to several MWh, with over 15 years' heritage in the defence industry the business is expanding to address the growing demand for energy storage in the marine, renewables and industrial sectors. With the opportunity to live in one of the most desirable locations in the UK, this position will also ensure that you are playing a significant role in the development of safety critical technology to the global defence industry. There is an attractive package including a very competitive salary, company benefits and relocation allowance on offer for this key position.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies for power electronics, battery and charger products.
Specifically, he/she will:
* Produce designs, detailed component drawings and assembly drawings using 3D CAD tools.
* Component and assembly design. Particularly related to Electronics
enclosures, cabinets and consoles; Mechanical structures; Design for maintainability; Design for manufacture
* Thermal management of electronics enclosures, heat exchangers, (air to air, air to water etc) PCB thermal management analysis - separate integrated thermal drain technologies.
* Ensuring compliance to the relevant customer, legislative and environmental specification.
* Technical support to manufacturing and process engineering groups.
* Liaison with the customer (internal/external) throughout the design Cycle to achieve specified objectives.
* Management of prototypes and pre-production builds.
* Close liaison with suppliers and Supply Chain Management to get the best solution in the required timescales.
* Ensuring compliance to company procedures, development and completion of suitable qualification and testing programmes.
* Transfer to production, manufacturability, cost reduction and establishing the product in to steady state manufacturing.
The successful candidate will have a degree level qualification in a relevant subject (Mechanical Engineering) with commercial experience of manufacturing techniques, with design for manufacture, and design for assembly skills. CAD skills should include Autocad, Inventor or Solidworks.
Experience of designing various components including plastics, sheet metal, injections moulding and die castings and management of prototypes and pre-production builds would be advantageous