|Job Ref:||204686370||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£45000 - £48000/annum benefits, pension||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:22|
Mechanical Maintenance Team Leader - Process Plant|
£48,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting a mechanically biased Maintenance Team Leader to work at a large continuous process plant in the north of Hampshire. Whilst on shift, this person will be responsible for management and supervision of a small team of multi skilled engineers and technicians ensuring plant equipment is maintained to the highest of standards to minimise downtime and maximise plant availability.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Maintenance Team Leader will include:
* Managing the shift team with regards to maintenance and engineering activities directed by the Engineering Manager
* Provide technical support to the shift maintenance team to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum and when required be prepared to be "hands on" dealing with PPMs and breakdowns
* Work with the Engineering Manager in developing and improving plant processes and procedures in order to maintain a high standard of production
* Carry out maintenance on plant equipment when required to support the shift team (pumps, gearboxes, hydraulics, motors etc.)
* Coordinating and managing equipment maintenance - planned, reactive and overhaul
* Modifying, installing and commissioning of new plant equipment
* Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
This is a shift role which will involve working 12 hour shifts compromising of days and nights. More details can be gained on request.
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
* Supervisory experience in a maintenance role in a heavy process plant environment. This can include a paper mill, petrochemical or pharmaceutical plant or steel works. Petty Officer / Chief Petty Officer Marine Engineers from the Royal Navy will also be considered
* An engineering qualification at HND/HNC/ONC level in a mechanical engineering discipline or similar
* Experience maintaining process plant equipment including pumps, motors, gearboxes, hydraulics, conveyors etc.
* Excellent proven leadership skills
* A health and safety qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
* A salary of up to £48,000 inclusive of a shift allowance
* A contributory pension
* Additional benefits
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter or alternatively you can call (Apply online only) and speak to Steve who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK