|Job Ref:||204686179||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portchester||Address:||Post Code:||PO16||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:22|
Demob Job Reference: j2656|
Job Title: Trainee Mobile Authorised Person (AP)
Location: Portsmouth / Gosport, Hampshire
Salary: Up to £32,000
Our client is a leading supplier of facility services to the Ministry of Defence and they now have an immediate requirement for a Mobile Authorised Person (AP) in Hampshire. You will be responsible for ensuring the requirements of JSP375 are complied with in all activities undertaken on the establishments within your area of responsibility.
Suitable candidates who have previously served in the Armed Forces (Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force) and those with previous experience working on a Ministry of Defence (MoD) site could be of particular interest.
- Understand the operation and priorities of the Head of Establishment (HoE) in order to pro-actively support estate activities.
- Support end-users in the development of new work requirements including provision of formal Additional Services Project submission.
- Support the effective and timely delivery of statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance and Additional Services.
- Provide professional and technical support, and advice, where required to maintenance teams and end users.
- Support the Help Desk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
- Identify opportunities throughout work being undertaken where energy and carbon can be reduced either through selection of equipment or by process efficiencies.
- If required, travel to and support other Service Delivery Areas (SDA).
- If appointed within an establishment containing a hazardous area, actively communicate and cooperate with the hazardous area manager. If appointed within establishment containing airfield ground lighting, actively communicate and co-operate with the duty Air Traffic Control Officer.
- Produce Risk Assessments, method statements and where necessary safety programmes and Permits to Work to a high quality.
- Liaise closely with the Authorising Engineers (AEs), seeking guidance as necessary.
- Liaise closely with the SDAM, Site Manager and other APs to ensure diary allows maximum output and continued compliance throughout the SDA.
- Contribute to data gathering and forecasting associated with the Forward Additional Services Plan.
- Please note that travel to other service delivery areas may be required to cover additional sites.
- Attain and Retain the required training for an authorised person (AP) in the following disciplines, Electrical, Mechanical, Petroleum, Working at heights or Confined spaces.
- Minimum of HNC qualified in a building / civil engineering or electrical / mechanical discipline or equivalent experience subject to meeting the requirements of JSP375.
- Ability to work on a call-out rota.
- Technical training to maintain and develop technical competence.
- Familiarity with and experienced in working to JSP375 safe system of work appropriate to the discipline.
- Experienced in managing and supervising staff in the appropriate discipline.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm when under pressure.
- Management of safe system of work.
- Emergency first aid and fire safety training.
- IT literate.
- Valid Full UK driving license.
- Up to £32,000 annual salary.
- Pension Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Varied working environment