|Job Ref:||204686065||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kingston Upon Hull||Address:||Post Code:||HU2||Salary:||£34700/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
Gi Group Hull are seeking an Engineering Technician for a UK based, international company - to work at their established east Hull ingredient processing plant. Joining a team of 8-10 engineers on a permanent basis, the role holder will need to be flexible in approach, to assist if required with both electrical and mechanical and willing to be trained in all areas of engineering. Previous exposure to engineering in chemical/oil/gas/processing advantageous.|
This position entails engineering for all aspects of processing and control for the site. Knowledge of producing FDS and URS documentation is advantageous; maintaining records of all reactive and pre planned maintenance and projects.
Salary: £34,700 per annum
Working Hours: 8am until 4:15pm Monday to Friday
plus 24hr call out cover as and when required to do so (usually 7 days on a 1 in 4 week basis)
The role will require delivery and demonstration of the following capabilities:
* Comprehensive industrial instrumentation and control capability across a range of systems.
* Follow the principles of continuous improvement when planning work.
* Look at how we can both improve what and how the engineering team deliver into the business.
* Inspire the need to work smarter and not necessarily faster.
* Work with the team leader to provide support in costing, planning and implementation of projects when required.
* Ensure the site is legally compliant.
* Ensure that all mandatory checks and maintenance are completed within the recommended timescale.
* Competent to work with all site hazardous systems including steam, air, water and a variety of dangerous chemicals including HCl, Nitric acid, caustic and ammonia plus others and their bulk storage.
Mentoring / Training:
* Mentor and train others to promote a good working knowledge of the plant throughout all aspects of work.
* To be competent in the use of desk top computerised systems. Including Autocad, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* To become familiar with the usage of the Maintenance management system to record plant breakdowns, scheduled work, Preventative maintenance and project work that require to be done and to fill in various spreadsheets and trackers.
* To be able to liaise with suppliers for spare parts and organise for an order to be placed.
* Ensure that communication between the engineering team, production team and Senior Engineering Team is effective.
* Provide accurate weekly information for the engineering KPI dashboard, based on planned and assigned jobs. Ensure that information is accurate and recorded on time.
* Networking with peers across the business both in the UK and abroad will be enable sharing new developments and potential opportunities e.g. spare parts
Health and Safety & Environment:
* Effective communication and sharing of information with all departments is key to good planning. Building relationships between all the teams on site as well as our contractors and suppliers will ensure smooth and effective implementation of work carried out.
* Comply with all appropriate health, safety & environmental legislation whilst carrying out engineering duties.
* Assist the team leader in the supervision, management and control of contractors on site. Liaise with the various contractors and Representatives who attend site, make the necessary arrangements with other parties within the company who the work may require their involvement or cooperation, make sure the various legal and statutory documentation is correct and in place before they start work, keep adequate supervision of contractors on site as well as assisting them when required.
* Carry out engineering risk assessments and assist in implementing safe systems of work.
* Ensure allocated engineering tasks are completed safely and recorded within the site maintenance management system.
* To support the business's initiative of promoting the use of Leading KPIs to drive true Health & Safety engagement.
* Must have a recognised engineering qualification, mechanical flexibility would be an advantage
* HNC in appropriate engineering related discipline, with knowledge and experience in Instrumentation and control, and electrical activities. (with 16th or 17th edition)
* IOSH or equivalent in basic Health and Safety.
* NVQ 3 or City and Guilds in appropriate engineering discipline may be considered depending on experience.
* Knowledge of Autocad (or similar), Microsoft Word and Excel
* The ability to work alone or in a team environment in a safe and responsible manner on or off site.
* An approachable good communicator with enthusiasm and a can do attitude.
* Self-motivated proactively seeking the best solution to problems.
* Good time keeper that is reliable, enthusiastic, stable and tactful.
* Flexible & responsive to change.
If you have meet the above requirements and specification please call Paul on (Apply online only) or send your CV in application. Gi Group in the UK provides recruitment, staffing and workforce management services to local and national clients of all sizes, placing an average of 15,000 temporary and permanent staff into work nationwide each week across many market sectors.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion