|Job Ref:||203584325||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£85000 - £100000/annum , 20% bonus, £7.5K car allowance||Post Date:||16/10/2016 04:04|
Cloud Infrastructure Consultant - Cloud Transition Solutions |
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced Infrastructure Consultant to join this recognised and established services company, based out of Central London.
The company's vision is to be the IT solutions provider of choice to ensure the availability and scalability of their customers' business operations. With further growth of their Professional Services Business and Enterprise Cloud Services, they are looking to recruit experienced infrastructure technologists to facilitate and lead customers to make a structured transition of their existing Data Centre technology to the latest Cloud based solutions.
The role is very customer centric, responsible for identifying and evaluating the clients existing infrastructure and data centre technologies and then building a transition road map leading to a Cloud based solution and associated high availability services.
The successful appointee will also be expected to participate in pre-sales, business development/generation, lead and deliver on consulting projects when requested and contribute to the overall development of the Practice.
• Working within delivery teams to drive consistent, predictable and scalable delivery of solutions and services ensuring successful completion of client engagements as well as overall client satisfaction
• Participating in the collection of data during the discovery phase of engagements via interview, workshop and other discovery techniques and toolsets
• Participating in and creation of material during the analysis and design phase of engagements using structured analysis methods, tools and techniques
• Presenting and creating material that outlines options to clients to support their decision to transform
• Acting as quality review of infrastructure consulting deliverables
• Leading small to medium sized technical engagements and technology streams within larger programmes
• Strong stakeholder management qualities are essential for the success of this role.
• Willing to travel. This position will require at least 2 days on site with the customer, 1 day at the office and 2 days working from home. Although Europe wide - 80% in the UK - 80% SE England
• Accountable for consistent, predictable and scalable delivery of solutions and services and to ensure successful completion of client engagements as well as overall client satisfaction
• Assist in Practice growth through mentoring technical professionals and development of key architectural / technical infrastructure intellectual capital
• Present at external forums and events, acting as a subject matter expert in the area of Infrastructure and Cloud Transformation
• Continually develop own management, consulting and subject expertise as required by the practice
• TOGAF-10 (Desirable)
• SC Clearance
• Exceptional consulting skills, including methods, tools and techniques to apply within an IT transformation context
• Strong knowledge and working experience of architecture design from building block to component level across a number of clients and verticals
• Extensive demonstrable experience in technical strategy and architecture development and design within a big 5, other significant branded consultancy or systems integrator environment
• Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies across server, storage, networks and integration technologies with a strong appreciation of cloud strategies, tools and technologies
• This position requires strong communication and presentation skills, business development acumen, a well-developed technical aptitude, the ability to work successfully as part of a team, and a strong industry background
• Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to both work effectively, influence and develop trusted relationships at senior levels in client organisations (Desirable)
• Leading complex engagements within the IT infrastructure space, of particular relevance would be engagements focused on private and hybrid cloud model development, Data Centre consolidation, post M&A integration, shared services development, cost optimisation and sourcing transformation (Desirable)
• Appreciation of enterprise and system / application architecture
• Deep understanding of, and be able to articulate the cloud transformational journey in both business value and technology terms to a variety of client business and IT stakeholder groups. Their understanding of methods, tools, techniques and experience in the architecture area will help both sustain and accelerate such transformation programmes
Buzzwords: IT Infrastructure, Cloud, Cloud Transition, IaaS, Infrastructure Consultant, IS Strategy, LAN, WAN, Networking, Server Infrastructure, Storage Infrastructure, Desktop Services, Infrastructure Integration, IT Security, IT Services, Local and wide area networking, wireless networking, server and storage infrastructure, infrastructure integration, IT security, data centres, London