|Job Ref:||201579447||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£17000 - £19000/annum Up to £19,000 plus shift allowance||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
We are SCC - Specialist Computer Centres , Europe's leading IT services organisation .|
We continue to expand and now have a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join our computer configuration division to ensure that configuration orders are processed according to the agreed industrial standards and in accordance with the customers instructions and to carry out Quality Assurance duties as and when required .
THIS IS A SHIFT BASED ROLE WORKING 2.00PM TO 10.00PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK .
* To test and configure a variety of products, to the customers specific requirements when expressed, within the agreed group timescales.
* To test and configure a variety of products to the manufacturers written instructions, ensuring satisfactory operation.
* Assist team members proactively and/or upon request to ensure service levels and efficiency is maintained .
* To escalate to Supervisor /Management any non-conformance within the agreed timescales .
* To audit all captured build data onto the Lifecycle System via a handheld PDA
* To undertake Health and Safety activities commensurate with the post and /or SCC Group Health and Safety policy.
* To Maintain your work area and ensure care of Company property used.
* Lifting of multiple devices varying in weights from around 3kg for Laptops to 60kg for server technology
* Working to goals dependant on configuration, order type and weight of items.
*To assist the Configuration Manager in the daily running of the Commissioning Complex, through the above and any other duties as necessary.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* BTEC or A-Level in computer studies
* CompTIA A+ and or Server+
* At least 2 years experience handling IT equipment in a similar role
* Manufacturer accreditations, Including Microsoft, HP, IBM, Lenovo.
Then click the response button now