|Job Ref:||204685871||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
telent Radio field engineer, WorldWide Field|
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Have some experience with TETRA, PMR, cellular and Wi-Fi systems and technologies.
* Previous experience in Broadcast or Public Safety field maintenance or in a similar environment.
* Knowledge and understanding of RF Transmission systems from LF to microwave.
* FITAS or FCS 1362 qualifications.
* Experience of control room electronics and radio base station installation and maintenance.
* Based in the SW of England preferably Devon and Cornwal areas this role will be reporting to the regional manager within Public safety and defence.
* Responsible for responding to job tasks issued using a PDA within the contract SLA on a 24hour / 7 day a week basis.
* Identifying faults and carrying out Corrective and Planned maintenance / Programing of TETRA Radio systems.
* Identifying faults and carrying out Corrective and Planned maintenance of PMR systems, Cellular radio and SCADA Systems.
* Identifying faults and carrying out Corrective and Planned maintenance of voice and data radio equipment installed into vehicles.
* To assist national project teams to install, commission, and perform upgrades to new or existing equipment, and to provide support to other regional and national teams as required.
* Flexibility and a high degree of self motivation for this mobile field role.
* This role is expected to be able to work independently to manage the jobs allocated and to liaise with the customers users of the equipment, the rest of the team and the Service Centre who hand out the jobs to make sure that all jobs are handled in a timely manner.
* This role is also expected to work independently and/or as part of a team on Cellular radio, Wi-Fi, PMR and network systems installed in/on buildings, at street level, in vehicles and at remote sites.
* This role will take part in an on call roster one week in three and be flexible with the provision of extra hours working, over-night work and weekend work.
* At all times working in a safe and responsible manner.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* Proven experience in Electrical/Electronic/Communication/Broadcast Engineering or equivalent.
* HND or HNC in electronics.
* The role will take consideration of experience.
* Have a strong self-development ethic in technical knowledge as business needs require.
* Ensures work output meets requirements regarding technical quality, reliability and cost.
* Develops and maintains professional working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation.
* To be able to provide regular progress reports to the service centres.
* Ensuring all paperwork (timesheets, fault records and field returns) is completed accurately and on time.
* Comply with working procedures and be able to assist with design document writing.
* Responsible for carrying out individual Health and Safety appraisals on site, plus adhering to any local H&S processes & procedures.
* Ability to work as part of a team and alone in a high pressure Emergency service environment.
Excellent employee benefits
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion