|Job Ref:||204685734||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£50000 - £75000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
I am working with a market leading organisation who are looking to recruit an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will part of the Senior Management team and lead all the Manufacturing, Quality and Continuous Improvement activities across 2 sites. The appointed person will deliver a culture of active leadership to deliver positive employee relations, drive operational effectiveness by creating an engaged workforce who ensure products are manufactured on time tie meet and exceed customer expectations.|
The day to day role will include: -
- To ensure that all purchased items for manufacturing are done so in a timely and cost effective manner
- To ensure that manufacturing methods, processes and quality standards are maintained with vigour identifying any problems early and ensuring appropriate actions are taken.
- To work as a peer with Engineering, Compliance and Technical Sales to ensure successful deployment of the customers' requirements to promised timescales.
- To ensure the change management process is used professionally and robustly within operations.
- To oversee the sourcing, negotiating and managing of all materials and services for manufacturing whilst ensuring all actions are taken working within the company policies and procedures.
- To work with fellow departments and managers to ensure that product costings, routings, yield and efficiency data is correct at all times within the company's ERP system, requesting and implementing changes as required.
- To oversee the management of the warehouse, dispatch and logistics function at the Corby site
- To report monthly on all manufacturing KPI's and create actions plans as required to ensure remedial actions are taken to remedy poor performance.
- To ensure that operational costs are kept in line with budget and or rolling forecast as previously agreed with the General Manager and Management Accountant.
- To ensure that all manufacturing related activity is time and cost effective, striving to make improvements each year.
- To delivery year on year sales and EBITA growth for the business
- To create and execute an annual cost reduction plan in line with the company's strategic objectives.
- To maintain tight controls on inventory, raw materials, and work in progress, working with the management account to address any issues.
- To drive a culture change and move towards and environment that embraces tools and techniques such as Lean, Six Sigma, and 5Y analysis
The ideal candidate will have the following experience: -
- 10 - 15 years' minimum in the Engineering industry ideally someone who has experience with casted products / metal products.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years' management experience
- To have a proven background and is able to demonstrate key deliverables
- Ideally Degree educated
- To have experience in executing operational plans
- Confident influence and good communicator
- Ability to progress into a general management position in the next 2 - 3 years.
My client is keen for someone to start as soon as possible. The salary on offer is £50,000 - £55,000 + up to 30% bonus + car allowance.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking company with the opportunity to quickly progress further within 2- 3 years.
To apply please send your CV to Rachael today