|Job Ref:||204685602||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum £neg. DOE + Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
We are a leading engineering company specialising in the design, development and manufacture of innovative lifesaving aircraft products and systems for the defence sector. Due to continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Planner to join our highly motivated team based near Uxbridge. |
The Programme Planner will assist the Programme Managers in the planning of key programme metrics and schedules. Experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment is essential. You must have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate quickly and clearly with engineers in the team and hold a UK Passport or have lived in the UK for five years+ due to security clearance.
The role is to sit within one of our key defence programmes and perform the planning activities using the company Project Management System PMS) to enable control and coordination of the various project activities across numerous internal company disciplines. The 'Project' is a development programme which incorporates design, test, manufacture and delivery of data. This role will report on a daily basis to the IPT lead, and will be required to work with the IPT Lead, other Programme Managers, and work package managers. Procedural guidance will be delivered by the company PM Office, from whom the candidate will receive functional training, guidance and support.
* Maintain, develop & communicate the integrated Programme plan in company PMS including all contract deliverable milestones, internal milestones, invoicing and sales milestones in accordance with company Procedures.
* Monitor the integrated set of project schedules, costs, and resources in accordance with the company timetable, procedures and working practices and cost structure & WBS.
* Undertake and coordinate the formal update of project schedules, interdependencies, resource allocations, budgets and financial status.
* Generate the overall critical path across projects and reconcile issues, making recommendations to assist in the recovery of overall programme slip, where applicable.
* Analyse resource profiles resulting from the schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies
Skills, experience and qualifications:
* Engineering background, preferably within a manufacturing organisation. Aerospace and project-based would be ideal, but not essential
* Practical experience of structured planning within a medium sized organisation.
* Understanding of planning techniques.
* Application of critical path analysis, work breakdown structures etc.
* Computer literate in MS applications, including MSP. company uses Planisware for its PMS, and a SAP ERP
* Experience of Progress Reporting and KPI Production
* Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent
* APM qualified (Prince acceptable)
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003