|Job Ref:||204685601||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Feltham||Address:||Post Code:||TW13||Salary:||£65000 - £80000/annum Negotiable DOE + Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
We are a leading aerospace engineering company specialising in the design and manufacture of aircraft parts and systems. Due to continued growth we have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Customer Services to join the business. |
The Customer Service Director will take overall responsibility for the Customer Services Team of 11 people and a Commercial Manager. Working as part of the Senior Management Team, provide the highest levels of customer service, through leading and developing the customer services team, introducing strategies and processes to ensure the business is meeting the needs of the customer and creating a reputation for great service, improved communication and constantly looking for ways to improve. In addition, responsible for import and export compliance throughout the business and ensuring all shipments are in accordance with procedure. You will also oversee all commercial aspects of the business, ensuring compliance and communication of contractual obligations.
* Improve, develop and implement a customer service strategy with clear policies and procedures flowed through the business, including the development of feedback/complaints procedures for customers to use.
* Implement measures to understand customer satisfaction and improve services.
* Investigate and solve customer problems, which may be complex or long-standing.
* Host regular meetings with key customers both on site and at customer premises.
* Handle escalated customer complaints through to completion.
* Obtain and analyse statistics or other data to determine the level of customer service and the report of this, with recommended actions.
* Understanding and keeping ahead of products/services.
* Hands on leadership of the customer service team, with a focus on motivating and training to deliver a high standard of customer service.
* Responsible for team recruitment and supporting internal career development.
* Design, implement and monitor performance metrics across all facets of the team's responsibilities.
* Continually introduce innovative ways for the team to be proactive about enhanced engagement with our customers as well as react effectively to inbound queries.
* Ensure customer onboarding is as efficient as possible.
* Ensure all tasks and deliverables of the team are completed on time and to a high standard.
* Operate under a continuous improvement approach by defining and implementing new processes and procedures to optimise the team's productivity.
* Define, implement and deliver business focused KPI's based on business demand.
* Responsible for overseeing all shipments / invoicing in accordance with Company procedures.
* Responsible for overseeing the securing and maintaining of Export Licences in accordance with Company and UK Government procedures and processes and ensuring all shipments are in accordance with said procedures / processes.
* Responsible for overseeing all commercial aspects of the business, including the successful negotiation and management of all contracts, building key relationships both internally and with our customers and ensuring compliance and communication of contractual obligations.
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
* Previous experience in a customer facing role with experience of effective relationship management
* Proven leadership experience of managing customer service account management teams
* Exceptional attention to detail and a thorough approach to planning and implementation
* Proven experience of delivering customer service excellence in response to high client expectations
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Commercial awareness
* Strong internal and external communication skills, verbal and written
* Knowledge of contract law
* Knowledge of import and export compliance procedures
* Good command of the English language and very articulate
* Good presentation and communication skills to groups of around 10-50 people
* Proven contract negotiation skills
* Can demonstrate superior management and organisational skills
* Must be computer literate
* Must be able to focus on issues, be thorough and have the capacity to be influential and amenable
* Must exhibit professionalism with customers, suppliers and staff
* Must have the capacity to adequately handle high work level and be able to meet project deadlines
Education & Qualifications:
* Contract law
* Technical / engineering degree.
* Additional business qualification
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003