|Job Ref:||204685325||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:20|
Lead Design Engineer - Submarines |
Ashton Vale Bristol
Defence Systems Technology
Contract duration 6 months minimum
Lead Design Engineer - Submarines role:
• Responsible for owning the drawing suite for the JB-111 (Batch I) WHLS is accurate.
• Lead and manage the JB-111 Design team
• Working with the Engineering project manager, ensure the design information is maintained and updated inline with developments from manufacture of the WHLS in overseas locations.
• Incorporation of any customer driven design changes or new requirements into the JB-111 design suite in a timely fashion.
• Operator as approver for equivalent design team members work.
• Working with the Engineering Project manager, support the JB-111 systems teams with any drafting needs that arise for qualification or verification activity.
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
• Significant experience in designing and drafting submarine or maritime components.
• Suitably qualified and experienced at approving for others (experience of first level checking an advantage).
• Proven experience in managing a DO team a significant advantage.
• Working with the Engineering PM to ensure team work loads are completed quickly and efficiently.
• Ensuring timely completion of work to the right level of quality is essential in order to not delay manufacture in country.
• Able to interpret and quickly implement and /or check others work through approval.
• Able to work autonomously and as part of a team to turn around drawings in an efficient manner.
• Familiarity with Submarine Weapon Handling and Launch Systems an advantage.
• Familiar with Team centre and NX is required