|Job Ref:||204685214||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£23000 - £26500/annum £25.5k+Pension+25 days Hols||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:20|
- To complete inspections and safety checks in accordance with industry
practice and regulations.
- To complete day to day service, repair and maintenance of forklift
trucks, handling equipment and plant.
- Complete fault finding and repairs to meet first-fix targets.
- New equipment preparation.
- Sourcing of parts from internal or external supplier.
- Communicate quickly/efficiently to ensure downtime is kept to a
minimum and achieve first-fix targets.
- Work to company procedures and current Health and Safety / COSHH
- Continually seek and act upon opportunities for personal and team
- Carry out other duties which may or may not be related to the job, as
reasonably requested by management.
To be considered for the role you will need to have knowledge of at least one of the following areas,
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
You will have the ability to work independently and in a team, hold good communication skills, work to a high standard and be able to work to timescales as required.
- Must hold full UK Driving Licence.
- Proficient in fault finding and repair.
- Educated with an ability to achieve a grade C in English and maths at
- Experience of Health & Safety requirements working in a workshop
- Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
- Excellent organisational skills, resourceful and solution driven.
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Clear communication skills - oral and written.
- Consultation and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility to cope with diverse needs of the post.
- Highly motivated and possessing a resilience to work under pressure.
- Positive, personable and optimistic with a can do attitude.
Recent and relevant experience of working in the forklift truck
service environment, but not essential.