|Job Ref:||204685161||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Annesley||Address:||Post Code:||NG15||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
The Logistics Controller supports the role of the Production Manager and Site Manager by planning and coordinating the sequenced movement of materials through both the internal & external supply chain to support the company's sales & production needs.
• Liaise with Production Control understanding the delivery commitments and requirements of the production plan.
• Track the movement of material through the process, collating shortage lists and providing information to the Production Supervisor and Production Controller.
• Coordinates and prioritises the logistics functions within the cell i.e. Kitting, Packing and Despatch. Coordinates with the transportation provider on the cell transportation requirements.
• Communicates risks to the production plan to the Production Management.
• Assist the Sales Co-ordinator in providing promise information to the customer.
• Be flexible around many work centres to achieve the set targets
• Have a 'hands on' & 'can do' attitude
• To comply with SPS Quality work instruction 9 Part 11- Employee's General Quality Requirements.
• Work in a safe manner in order to satisfy Health and Safety legislation and to avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property.
• Carrying out such other duties as may reasonably be required within the jobholder's capability consistent with the Terms and Conditions of employment.
Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required:-
• Experience in the use of Excel spreadsheets would be an advantage.
• Sound practical experience in Manufacturing control procedures & systems, with the use of MRP