|Job Ref:||204685071||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
Graduate with a Minimum 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering|
Full UK Driving Licence and excellent command of English Language
Permanent: Coventry Based salary £20,000-£25,000 per annum
Quality Engineer Role/Profile
A quality engineer must have a wide and varied range of skills as they may fulfil many roles, from overseeing everyday factory floor activities in order to train operators, to acting as a liaison between suppliers and customers. The engineer will define the methods and equipment used to measure a process's key quality characteristics
The engineer will also attempt to improve the standard of the process, using information collected from the operations and then applying problem-solving techniques. The role is also responsible for training the production workers in updated work procedures and productions
Any customer complaints regarding the final product's quality is filtered through to the person occupying this role. He or she then allocates resources based on whatever the source of the problem is. This may include working with sales and purchasing, and product engineering, as well as liaising with the suppliers of the parts
A Quality Engineer may handle many manufacturing and technical roles. They must be able to comply with different regulation standards, hence they have to study and be conversant on the TS 16949, ISO 9001, Customer Specifics, or other QA standards. Our QA engineers need to incorporate their networking & IT skills to coordinate with other QA professionals, engineers, and suppliers. They will also work with various manufacturing processes and apply problem solving techniques in resolving quality concerns.
A Quality Engineer usually performs many of the following tasks:
1. Responsible for Quality System Maintenance.
2. Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
3. Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
4. Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
5. Develop training to build quality awareness.
6. Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
7. Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
8. Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
9. Analyse failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
10. Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
11. Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of receiving / outgoing quality functions.
12. Continuously improving QA receiving inspection process and procedures.
13. Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
14. Manage suppliers' performance and conduct audits.
15. Preparation of QA reports.
* The person needs to have the excellent analytical skills to observe the various aspects carefully.
* He or she needs to have the exceptional decision making skills at the right time and situation.
* He or she should have the ability to put a keen eye for detail work.
* The person needs to have a very strong knowledge regarding quality standards prescribed by customer and governing bodies.
* The person should be an excellent communicator and should have the writing abilities as well.
* He or she should have the exceptional and problem solving skills to do the job.
The career path for any quality professional is varied and extensive as the core skills travel across many manufacturing environments. The role is varied and extensive, allowing for the candidate to cross and gain many detailed experiences in many business and manufacturing disciplines.
The career path for any and all quality engineers is extensive and allows for development into senior management roles and with the attendant benefits