|Job Ref:||204684336||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:21|
Senior Cable Engineer|
Swindon, London and South West
An exciting new role as Senior Cable Engineer has arisen with one of the UK's leading renewable energy developers and operators. The company develops, builds and operates offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries. Their extensive project pipeline includes wind farms totalling over 4GW. Projects are constructed on a multi-contract basis with the company taking an active involvement in all engineering aspects. This position is for a highly experienced cable engineer to join the company's growing offshore Engineering & Quality team. The team provides technical support to the company's portfolio of projects, from early development to operations, including Triton Knoll, Galloper, Gwynt y Mor Rhyl Flats and North Hoyle.
The role will play a key role in the EC&I team and be accountable for developing HV/EHV cabling systems specifications, concept/detailed design and design review, estimation, site supervision and support as required.
Responsibility for the MV, HV and EHV Cabling System specification, design and installation/ commissioning technical support.
* Provide technical support to the team on all aspects of HV and EHV cable system engineering and design
* Prepare technical specifications and EPC tender documents for offshore wind farm array systems and transmission system export circuits
* Perform technical calculations, including cable size and rating calculations
* Act as owners engineer for project engineering and construction. For example: supporting factory inspections, acceptance testing and developing/ defending technical due diligence processes.
* Perform design reviews
* Perform verification of design
* Write technical and progress reports
* Provide technical support and failure investigations/ analysis to operational HV cable
Ideally you will be/have:
* Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
* Proven background in power cable engineering
* High regard and good knowledge of current UK health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the application of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
* Demonstrable competency in leading and/or working within multi-cultural teams with a high level of communication skills at all levels.
* Ability to identify a problem or conflict, identify and analyse potential solutions and recommend mitigation.
* High levels of familiarity with cable fault root cause analysis
* High levels of familiarity with cable manufacture processes and associated quality control
* Appreciation of offshore cable installation methodologies.
* Willingness to travel to a number of sites and facilities within the UK and NW Europe.
* Contract base can be flexible and likely to be Port of Mostyn, London or Swindon.
To apply or for more information please contact (url removed)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions.
Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)