|Job Ref:||204684102||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Westminster||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:20|
ENGIE are recruiting for a Senior Lifecycle & Project Manager to be based in Westminster, London.|
This is a permanent full time role (working 40 hours per week) and on offer will be a competitive salary. This role will report into the Contract Manager.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Collaborate and co-operate with the Service Partners and Sub Contractors to deliver a customer and business focussed, cost effective and efficient Hard FM Project and Lifecycle Service.
- Develop and deliver on technical aspects of Lifecycle and variations projects respectively c£2m and c£1m annually.
- Responsible for statutory and guidance compliance when delivering project works.
- Responsible for Health and safety statutory and company requirements.
- Ensure full compliance with relevant policies and procedures, codes of practice, statutory requirements and ensure professional standards are maintained;
- Assist and advise as Technical Adviser to the Facilities Team and relevant groups within the Company regarding management and operation of the engineering services, including the development and maintenance of contingency plans;
- Assist and advise the Account Manager with the delivery of operations, projects, variations and lifecycle and delivery where relevant:
- Assist with the management of expenditure and income to meet agreed budgets and to maximise efficiencies whilst achieving the required quality standards;
- Deliver a pro-active subcontractor management strategy ensuring successful delivery of services in a cost effective and timely manner;
- Ensure all staff are trained and aware of their health and safety responsibilities in accordance with statutory guidelines and the company requirements. (I.e. CDM and Zero Harm)
- Carry out regular audits across all services to ensure services are being maintained to agreed standards and performance;
- Remain customer focussed at all times liaising directly with customers to assess needs and requirements of each request and present planned works to client for agreement.
- Deliver technical services, variations and external contracts to the highest level ensuring all relevant KPI's and SLA's are met and adhered to.
- Give added value to the client where possible provided it is not to the detriment of the main contract
- Seek out innovative tools to deliver technical services, variations and external contracts more effectively
- Ensure all work activities are carried out safely and in accordance with statutory and corporate regulations and legislation.
- Seek out innovations to aid service improvements and organic growth of the contract.
- Support the retention of ISO 14001and environmental focus to reduce carbon emissions and utilities consumption.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with ENGIE colleagues, sub-contractors, Help Desk and Soft Services Partners such that FM services are seen as a seamless EP service delivery.
- Action any other duties as required by the Senior Facilities Manager.
- Professional image to be given and maintained at all times.
- Minimise penalty deductions by delivering the estates maintenance services and by responding in a timely manner to all relevant issues in accordance with the requirements of the Concession Agreement;
- Produce timely, accurate management reports, data and forecasts;
- Produce timely and accurate reports relating to contractual obligations;
- Effective communication with all internal/external customers;
- Demonstrate the Company's core values
- Demonstrate an observable commitment to Behavioural Safety and establishing an incident and injury free culture.
- Manage project team to effectively deliver an efficient, customer focussed and profitable service.
- Essential to have good communication and interpersonal skills to peers and to senior management, both internally withinNGIE and externally to client organisations
- Ability to work with Microsoft software tools, including Project, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to appreciate, relate to and able to work with people representing other disciplines, including design, planning, construction, commercial and legal
- Ability to work and manage with a team
- Able to gain CTC Government security clearance required
- Holder of Construction Skills Construction Site Safety Manager Certificate
- Preferred mechanical and/ or electrical experience
- Experience with Grade II* listed buildings beneficial
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK.
Any applicant requiring relocation will need to do this at their own expense. There is no re-location package with this job role.
Any internal applicant must inform their line manager of their intended application.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community