|Job Ref:||204683971||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Lothian||City:||Livingston||Address:||Post Code:||EH54||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE - CONTRACT AND PERMANENT
BASED LIVINGSTON - SALARY EXCELLENT PLUS GOOD BENEFITS PACKAGE
Edgar Stewart's client is based in Livingston. Well established, they are a high technology equipment supplier into a range of sectors; including, medical devices, electronics and oil and gas. Their Gas Chromatograph business is expanding and relocating an R+D business into Scotland. As a result, they have a permanent need to recruit a Document Controller and Engineering Change Coordinator. This is also open to Contractors, available now for till the end of the year.
Reporting into the Global Service Director, the Document Controller will be responsible for managing and updating all documentation changes in manufacturing documentation for GC-GCMS products. Working with the engineering team and the manufacturing teams, he/she manages the updates of bills of materials (BOMs) engineering changes (ECOs) and other updates into the ERP system (Epicor). You will ensure that all updates are carried out in compliance with relevant quality and document control processes. Other core responsibilities include:
• Provides advice, input and where needed training for other users of the Instruments ERP system to promote its effective use and to help get the maximum utility and benefit from the system.
• Works with the engineering teams in Fremont, CA and Livingston, Scotland to manage, prioritize and implement changes to documentation in the ERP.
• Similarly works with the manufacturing teams in Goes, NL and Shanghai, China to implement updates and changes required by the manufacturing engineers.
• Manages returned material process. Where necessary analyses data and feedback from returned materials and field failures to provide systematic non-conformance information which feeds into appropriate reviews with engineering and preventative actions.
• Provides advice and input as to how best to structure engineering documentation, BOMs, etc. to maximize the usability of the documents, the efficiency of manufacturing process and the quality of all products.
We are looking for an experienced and technical document controller ideally from a product engineering or manufacturing background. You are well versed in reading and understanding technical drawings and documents (preferably from Solid Works). The relevant candidate is able to structure and help build multi-level Bills of Material (BOMs). We would be especially keen to hear from candidates managing documents and engineering change controls in bespoke or highly configured products.
If we are unable to source a permanent candidate available to start in the next 2-3 weeks, we will look to appoint a contractor. Candidates will need to spend circa 2-3 weeks in the US later this year.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very well established Scottish OEM business going through extensive growth globally. The relevant candidate will benefit from an excellent base salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including: company pension, life insurance and a flexible weekly working pattern that allows an early finish on a Friday.
To learn more about this role please send your CV to our recruitment partner at Edgar Stewart Selection Alastair Edwards