|Job Ref:||204687256||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hastings||Address:||Post Code:||TN34||Salary:||£7.20 - £13.14/hour DOE + shift allowance||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:22|
Salary: £7.20 to £13.14 per hour DOE + shift allowance
A Toolmaker is required to work 39 hours per week, to provide tool-making, repair and maintenance services as required to meet the needs of the Company's manufacturing operation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* To provide finished product to a pre-determined specification and tolerance.
* Working together with your colleagues to achieve and meet Customer demand.
* Maintaining and improving your own professional knowledge and skill base as technology changes.
* Delivery of output through the application of technical mechanical engineering knowledge and the operation of a range of suitable machinery, tools and equipment.
* Working together with your colleagues to ensure adherence to working practice is within the requirements of any applicable Health & Safety legislation and/or Company Health and Safety policy.
* Planning and organising structured processes of manufacture to ensure in each case a timely and high quality output is achieved to exact specification and tolerance.
* Ensuring a 100% accuracy rate is achieved when transferring information and/or data from technical drawings or another operational data source is maintained to allow for accurate work and manufacture plans to be produced.
* Regular liaison with Designers and/or Customers to ensure exact requirement / demand is interpreted correctly by you and is clearly documented and included within your plan of manufacture.
* Provide any other engineering based work as specified by your line Manager and within your current skill range.
* To follow and to carry out any actions required by Company Policy and Procedure.
* To undertake any activity as directed by the Line Management and within current skill range or training to support the introduction of new activities, attitudes, skills or knowledge and/or the demonstration of professional competence.
* At all times during employment to devote sufficient attention to the duties and activities required by this employment and to faithfully and diligently perform such duties and powers assigned to the job holder. To promote the interests of the Company and any Group Company at all times and to undertake any tasks in support of the Company's business objectives as a whole.
The ideal candidate would have;
* BTEC ONC in Mechanical & Production Engineering (or equivalent)
* The ability to understand interpret and work to technical drawings
* Experience of working within a busy Tool Shop operating to tight, well defined deadlines and Customer demand.
* The ability to provide finished product to the correct specification and to 100% of demand.
* Manual handling experience - able to demonstrate knowledge of handling equipment / tools safely and to agreed policy.
* PC Skills - including MS Windows and Windows based software.
* Practical, working knowledge within an Engineer workshop environment - including safe work practice, use of appropriate hand and machine tools plus the usual associated work equipment to maintain Tooling/apparatus.
* The ability to identify and rectify within safe procedures, the correction and elimination of faults or operational problems.
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
* Salary dependant on experience
* Shift allowance
* 33 days leave per year (inc. statutory holidays)
* Pension & Life Cover
* Private Medical Insurance
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK