|Job Ref:||204687150||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:22|
Mechanical Design Engineer|
- To design a wide range of bespoke products ensuring compliance with client specifications, legislative requirements, quality and HSE standards.
- To work independently or as part of a team to develop new or existing products that meet the mechanical technical requirements of form, fit and function.
- To provide a professional mechanical engineering service to the business and so interface with customers and suppliers to ensure activities are completed to meet or improve program, cost and quality expectations.
- Preparation of engineering calculations over a number of disciplines in support of detail design schemes
- Perform concept and detail design work applying acoustic, dynamic, mechanical, and thermo-fluid principles to generate optimum customer solutions
- Participate in research and development activities
- Carry out and take responsibility for site survey activities
- Produce sketch drawings of design concepts in sufficient detail to enable production of detail design definition drawings
- Use IT packages effectively in the course of engineering activities (excel, word, mathcad, CAD, etc.)
- Interpret engineering drawings
- Generate concise and presentable sketches and reports for issue to a range of customers
- Use noise measurement equipment to assess the performance of the company`s products
- Interpret and implement engineering specifications and standards
- Self development to meet new requirements
- Manage project timescales and achieve or improve deadlines
- Provide progress status reports to line management on a regular basis and work to achieve or improve company and customer objectives of program, cost and quality
- Provide an engineering resource for other departments
- Work in accordance with the company standard business processes
- Hazard identification and risk reduction
Supervision And Responsibilities
- Work on own initiative in a team environment
- Responsible to the Chief Designer for all aspects of the mechanical design and integrity of the company`s range of products
- To lead by example on the mechanical discipline and operate to the highest engineering professional code of conduct
- To identify and implement improvement initiatives within the department and the business as a whole
- To liaise with other departments in achieving the departmental and business goals
- To guide, mentor and supervise other staff as required
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Diploma in acoustics and noise control.
- Good pass grades at advanced level mathematics and physics.
- IMechE corporate membership.
- IOA membership
Knowledge and Experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in a responsible mechanical engineering position.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- Experience of working to structural design codes.
- Knowledge of acoustic and noise control principles.
- Design of fabrication details.
- Familiar with the requirements of the construction design and management regulations.
- Practical use of design techniques of hazard identification and risk reduction.
- Familiar with the requirements of European Directives such as the Machinery Directive and ATEX.
- Out of hours, overseas and offshore working may be necessary from time to time