|Job Ref:||204687142||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:22|
My client are seeking a Product Manager responsible for the development and implementation of strategic product plans for a range of assigned product lines, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic, talented and enthusiastic individual who has the ability to evaluate and prioritise engineering, cost reduction and process improvement opportunities. |
* Evaluation of product line extension or modification requests from sales team, or external customers. Utilise a formalised process that gives quantifiable reasons to implement or reject the extension. Preparation and presentation of a business proposal for acceptable projects that includes product specification, target cost and average sell price.
* Responsible for introducing, on schedule and on budget, competitive products that meet or exceed market expectations.
* Evaluation of product line cost reduction, modification, and process improvement recommendations from the manufacturing team for market acceptability. This includes regular documented meetings with the teams that give clear direction and priority based on a commercial perspective.
* Participation as a key member of a product development team through the concept, development, implementation and market introduction for the product or product line.
* Responsibility for sustaining core product lines to adapt to market change or to penetrate new markets and address competitive offerings. This includes recommending programs to strengthen market position for sustained product lines.
* The Product Manager must work closely with the Market and Sales Managers to balance competing business needs.
* Creates, develop and maintain a five-year product plan (road map) on key products as agreed upon with the Managing Director. Coordinate product planning inputs for strategic and business planning.
* Responsibility for coordinating price and margin objectives with the product-pricing group.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Nature and Scope
The Product Manager implements decisions based on sound analytical evaluation and is familiar with company's financial measurements of an investment opportunity and core processes.
The Product Manager has a general understanding of current company manufacturing technologies and relies on manufacturing engineering to stay abreast of the latest technologies.
The Product Manager has a developing understanding of markets and customers and works with the sales team to maintain this intelligence.
The Product Manager is skilled in working, with a team, to accomplish objectives without a direct reporting relationship in some instances. The Product Manager must be able to accomplish tasks requiring activities in Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
The Product Manager has frequent contact with sales engineers, manufacturer's representatives, customer satisfaction team members, application engineers, and external customers. This contact involves evaluating product requests and the execution of projects to implement product opportunities.
This is a exciting role to join a senoir team and if it sounds like you please give me a call