|Job Ref:||204687138||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Newton Abbot||Address:||Post Code:||TQ12||Salary:||£16947/annum Rising after training and probation||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:22|
Our Client, a leading engineering company based in Newton Abbot, is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Support Operative to join the maintenance department. The primary purpose of this role is to support production with routine machine maintenance, general cleanliness and tidiness of cell.|
• Coolant Management: check and maintain coolant concentrations, carry out fungal and bacterial tests, check and maintain oil levels and other additives, maintain computerised records of all and ensure adequate stock levels.
• Loading and unloading of vehicles using a range of lifting equipment.
• Moving machines, plant, equipment, and fixtures as necessary in accordance with all applicable legislation and industry best practice.
• Separation, movement and storage of factory waste (including hazardous waste) for collection by specialist waste disposal firms and completion of relevant records.
• Gas Bottle Maintenance: Handle and control all gas bottles on site.
• Cleaning, greasing, lubricating, swarfing and maintaining all machines - including the disconnection / re-connection of services, and utilisation of other methods as required for specialist equipment such as coolant magnets, etc.
• Recycling of all factory materials including metals, wood, cardboard, coolants and oils in accordance with the Company's Environmental Management System and other applicable statutory legislation.
• Assist Maintenance Technicians with general duties.
• Cleaning tanks & associated equipment in Surface preparation & Paint shops. Handling and the safe storage and disposal of acids and alkalis.
• Other duties as required compatible with this job and the employee's individual skills at the direction of the supervisor/manager.
Key skills required:
• Preferably experienced in a similar role, training will be given where relevant qualifications are not already held, including Fork Lift Truck Operators License, Pedi Fork and Side Loader equipment etc.
• Will be required to train towards NVQ2 WAMITAB (Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Board).
• Candidates will ideally have an understanding of the control and handling of potential pollutants.
If you are an experienced Manufacturing Support Operator and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For informal chat please phone (Apply online only) and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest