|Job Ref:||204686992||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Newton Abbot||Address:||Post Code:||TQ12||Salary:||£27000 - £35000/annum (inclusive of attendance allowance||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:22|
Our Client, a leading engineering company based in Newton Abbot, is looking to recruit a Junior Process Engineer, with grinding experience, for their growing business. The pimary purpose of this role will be To support production operations by provision of Milling, EDM Grinding expertise, and robust engineering solutions that meet Customer requirements particularly in relation to cost & quality. Support continuous improvement activities across all departments; provide technical expertise on new product introduction and improvements to existing processes and procedures. Work closely with the Commercial Department and prospective customers to develop quotes for the business having due regard to engineering and manufacturing capabilities of the Company.|
• As subject matter expert, work alongside customers to fully understand their technical requirements and quality standards and take the lead in developing cost effective and improved manufacturing processes that meet these.
• Carry out practical development, trials and testing of technical engineered solutions (new process or process development) in order that they can be released to manufacturing in a robust and cost effective manner, meeting customer needs and specifications, complying with external and internal quality control and approval requirements.
• Produce reports and recommendations for changes to proposed engineering solutions as appropriate having full regard to customer technical change and quality verification requirements. Develop and communicate appropriate, easy to understand Works Instructions/Standard Operating Procedures.
• Develop and undertake appropriate training and guidance for Process Technicians and Operators in application of new processes and procedures.
• Keep up to date with the latest technology, manufacturing processes and quality procedures and maximise their use for the benefit of the business. Produce reports including cost benefit analysis and recommendations on how they can be utilised for the benefit of the business
• Monitor equipment use and effectiveness, identify problems arising and develop effective and timely solutions using such tools as statistical process analysis, TPM; monitoring and evaluation gauging trends etc.
• Facilitate and lead Operations Teams in practical problem solving techniques utilising a PDCA approach through skills such as Pareto, Cause & Effect, 5-why, gauge R&R, SPC and control charts
Key skills required:
• Grinding complex materials
• EDM experience
• Development of fixtures and tooling
• Lean Manufacturing and Continuous improvement
• Project Management and implementation of NPI
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written including report writing to internal and external customers
• Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands whilst meeting operational deadline requirements.
• Minimum HNC level qualification or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline
• Experienced in use of relevant software in order to fulfil requirements of the role e.g. CAD, CAM, SPC and other programs
• High level of numeracy and literacy
• High level computer skills
• Proven ability in latest problem solving techniques
If you are an experienced Junior Process Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For informal chat please phone (Apply online only) and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest