|Job Ref:||204686891||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Salary:||£14.11 - £18.21/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
Our Bedford based client are looking for a Multi-skilled engineer to join the Engineering team working on a varied shift basis.|
In this role you will be responsible for providing engineer cover for all site issues in all areas of the business, maintaining a consistent electrical supply to the whole of the site and fault finding and repairing everything electrical from re-lamping to PLC control systems. Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering the main objectives of this role include:
* Providing electrical assistance and cover in case of electrical malfunction.
* Maintaining plant in a safe and satisfactory manner.
* Ensuring plant is available electrically to meet production needs.
* Coaching and developing apprentices in the safe and practical skills required for a skilled electrical technician.
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of all electrical regulations related to their responsibilities (e.g. I.E.E. regs etc).
* Departmental Records.
* Departmental operating procedures.
* Liaison between all departments.
* Quality management systems.
The successful candidate will need to have a nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification, a minimum of 2 years engineering experience post apprenticeship and a City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
You should be skilled in PLC systems, Health & Safety, installation and design of electrical/electronic systems and IEE regulations.
The shift pattern will be based around day shifts Mon - Friday & night shifts Sun - Thurs
If this is the right role for you we would like to hear from you!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business