|Job Ref:||204683805||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||PR2 2TZ||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.|
The Total Group is the 4th largest Oil & Gas and 2nd largest Solar Energy provider worldwide, making it one of the most productive companies in the world.
A French multinational integrated Energy Group, part of the "Supermajor Six" and present in over 130 countries with over 100,000 employees, its businesses cover the entire oil and gas chain.
Activities range from crude oil and natural gas exploration and production, power generation, transportation, refining and marketing to trading crude oil and derivatives.
Total is also a large-scale chemicals manufacturer and a leading investor in Solar and Biomass energies.
Total UK Limited is the 'Downstream' UK affiliate of the Total Group. Forming part of the affiliate, Total Bitumen is a leading provider of bitumen solutions with an extensive range of products and services, continuously innovating to anticipate the evolving needs of its customer base.
Repeated Group investment in existing Total Bitumen facilities in the UK and the opening of a new bitumen terminal on the Thames in 2016 provides a sustainable nationwide platform for further development and a continued focus on excellence in customer service.
About the Role
You will work alongside and report to the Production & Engineering Manager, playing a vital role in the efficiency, development and progress of Total Bitumen's Plant Capex plans over 2017 and 2018. You will be responsible for the day to day management of major capital investment projects and the coordination of the site's improvement requirements and engineering changes as well as several projects in parallel from conception to commissioning and final production handover.
- Review project proposals, bids from contractors and plans liaising with the Production & Engineering Manager.
- Determine project specifications, design, requirements, and performance standards; preparing cost estimates.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring progress; coordinating activities; recommending actions and resolving problems.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing the Company's procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Implement the Site Quality Management Systems ensuring the approved audit procedure is fully complied with.
- Ensure that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in the approved design information.
- Monitor the performance of contractors on site and ensure that engineering installations are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications adopting "Right First Time Philosophy"
- Witness testing, commissioning and performance testing of engineering installations ensuring all permits are in place and test documentation is accurately completed.
About the Successful Candidate
You will be a result orientated Engineering and Operational professional with experience in Process, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering gained within Production plants and/or storage facilities for Refined Products and you will have a University degree in Engineering or working towards an equivalent certification/qualification. If you are a highly motivated, appropriately skilled Project Engineer that is able to work well under pressure to carry out engineering projects, budgeting and day to day management of site inspection activities, we are very interested in hearing from you.
- 3 to 6 years of experience in Engineering, Maintenance/Operations of production plants and/or manufacturing facilities.
- A University degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical or Process engineering.
- Experience with HSEQ Management, with a proven record working with site safety instrumentation systems.
- Evidences of skills in Contractor Management.
- Track record of budget management and executing investment programs against time constraints.
- Capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Good Communication Skills and teamwork capabilities.
- Thorough, methodical and studious by nature.
- Self Starter, high level of self motivation and available for on-call duty outside of normal working hours.
- Experienced with Management of Change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite