|Job Ref:||204683712||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Lothian||City:||Livingston||Address:||Post Code:||EH54||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:20|
GAS CHROMATOGRAPH APPLICATIONS ENGINEER|
PERMANENT BASED LIVINGSTON
SALARY £30-40,000/NEGOTIABLE PLUS GOOD BENEFITS PACKAGE
Edgar Stewart's client is based in Livingston. Well established, they are a high technology equipment supplier into a range of sectors; including, medical devices, electronics and oil and gas. Their Gas Chromatograph business is expanding and relocating an R+D business into Scotland. As a result, they have a permanent need to recruit a Gas Chromatograph (GC) Applications Engineer.
Reporting into the Global Service Director, the Gas Chromatograph Applications Engineer operates and maintains the applications and support laboratory for GC and GCMS. Supporting sales with applications and user samples. Delivers user/service engineer training and day to day technical support for GC and GCMS systems. Other core responsibilities include:
• Builds a detailed understanding of customer requirements in all relevant applications. In particular builds expertise in the ASTM petroleum analytical and other methodologies where the company has a strong track record and installed user base.
• Plans and coordinates analysis of customer samples to support sales activities.
• Plans and publish application notes related to instrument groups and applications
• Maintains application library
• Maintains application/training laboratory to support sales and field engineers.
• Plans and coordinates user and service engineer training courses.
• Provides support to customers and field engineers solving maintenance and application problems
• Make field visits to customer sites in support of sales and service activities
Educated to degree calibre in Chemistry preferably, you have proven Gas Chromatograph or Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectroscopy (GC-MS) applications support. We are really looking for a candidate who has used GC/GC-MS instrumentation in an industrial setting e.g. contract lab testing services. Specific experience of GC applications in petroleum refining or related markets, MS application experience in toxicology or environmental fields would be an advantage. The overt customer facing nature of this role, means you will need to be an outgoing and polished professional.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very well established Scottish OEM business going through extensive growth globally. The relevant candidate will benefit from an excellent base salary (£30-40,000 or negotiable for the right person) plus a comprehensive benefits package including: company pension, life insurance and a flexible weekly working pattern that allows an early finish on a Friday.
To learn more about this role please send your CV to our recruitment partner at Edgar Stewart Selection Alastair Edwards