|Job Ref:||204683661||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Canary Wharf||Address:||Salary:||£24000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
A Static Fabrics Engineer/Handyman is required to join a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric property maintenance company. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Static Fabrics Engineer/Handyman for Canary Wharf.|
Job Title: Premises Operative Handyman
Job Location: Canary Wharf
Responsible to: Contract Manager/ Supervisor
Purpose: To carry out all planned and reactive tasks associated with the Handyman skill sets.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Contract Manager/Supervisor. Duties will also include carrying out various non specialist building fabric maintenance tasks.
• Preparation of information & costs for additional works where required
• Supervision/Escorting of additional works on site ensuring full compliance with the appropriate site requirements.
• Ensure company and Site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
• Ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
• Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
• Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
• To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
• Lamp changing.
• Moving/delivering crates as per people moves within building.
• Changing/repairing furniture including locks.
• Carry out site PPM works as cover for annual leave or sickness as required.
• Complete any other associated task or reasonable requests by the CSG team/Contract Manager.
• May need to be flexible with occasional weekend/evening work.
PERSONAL APTITUDES AND SKILLS
• Smart appearance, presentable and polite at all times.
• Logical thinker in fault finding situations
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to encourage the willing contribution of a team whilst still maintaining control.
• Able to work unsupervised.
• Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
• Customer focused.
• Willing to volunteer help.
If you are an experienced Static Fabrics Engineer/Handyman with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply